Racing seats for Saddle interior

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I know this has been covered before, and I would have bumped a prior thread but unfortunately the search function has been inoperable for some time.

I think over the years some people had given the tan Summit/Jegs racing seats a try and while they were close they were not a direct match to our interiors. I stumbled across these today at LMR:

https://lmr.com/item/BRM-BRR1BGBW/braum-racing-elite-series-racing-seats-tan-black-brr1-bgbw

They *look* pretty damn close to our saddle seats. Has anyone ever seen these in person to comment? I contacted Braum directly and unfortunately they don't have any swatches to provide. I wasn't in the market for a set of racing seats because my stock ones are in pretty damn good condition but these caught my eye.

The pricing is $700/pair and another $140 per bracket x2 so about $1000 all said and done.

What say you?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the seat you want and have it covered to match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Get the seat you want and have it covered to match?

Not really what I was going for haha.

On a side note I was looking through your GT build thread - your garage is sweet!! Any details on the flooring that you'd care to share? I just bought a house and the garage has some crappy old concrete flooring. I'd love to do something similar to yours.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Not really what I was going for haha.

On a side note I was looking through your GT build thread - your garage is sweet!! Any details on the flooring that you'd care to share? I just bought a house and the garage has some crappy old concrete flooring. I'd love to do something similar to yours.

Thank you!

RaceDeck, it is expensive but worth it. I put a block of wood between the jack stands and flooring but it is very nice.

The cabinets and shelf is Gladiator and the tool cabinet is Husky. I love the stuff and have an understanding wife. Which is extremely important.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Thank you!

RaceDeck, it is expensive but worth it. I put a block of wood between the jack stands and flooring but it is very nice.

The cabinets and shelf is Gladiator and the tool cabinet is Husky. I love the stuff and have an understanding wife. Which is extremely important.

They pricing doesn't seem too bad compared to the crap I saw at Home Depot. I will look into it!

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
It was around $2k-$2500 for my floor and I have $4-5k total in the garage. It really is worth it.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I have no experience with those LMR seats but over the years I never have seen anything that was a close enough match to the saddle in our cars to not drive me nuts. I put black seats in the car. I like the contrast.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I have no experience with those LMR seats but over the years I never have seen anything that was a close enough match to the saddle in our cars to not drive me nuts. I put black seats in the car. I like the contrast.

I thought about that as well. If I end up keeping the stockers I'm going to swap the tan carpeting for black. I already have black floor mats in the car I like the look.

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
In my opinion it will look like shit if the saddle/tan color does not match exactly. That is why I went with all black. The interior has enough black accenting where it will not look bad.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
they were comfortable too. I'm probably going to sell this GT500 and build another sn95. will get these seats unless something else sparks my interest

DSC01895.jpg

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
those look nice busta. if you do get a set post up pictures. i'm also looking for similar color seats. my other option is forking out some cheddar for some gt350 bolstered seats

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Hard to truly tell from the pictures.

Now ask yourself this... If you own a company selling racing seats in a variety of colors wouldn't you want to have swatches available for your potential customers? The only thing holding me back and the reason why I will not order the seats is that I don't like the thought of putting a G on the line and not being satisfied...

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
I know this has been covered before, and I would have bumped a prior thread but unfortunately the search function has been inoperable for some time.

I think over the years some people had given the tan Summit/Jegs racing seats a try and while they were close they were not a direct match to our interiors. I stumbled across these today at LMR:

https://lmr.com/item/BRM-BRR1BGBW/braum-racing-elite-series-racing-seats-tan-black-brr1-bgbw

They *look* pretty damn close to our saddle seats. Has anyone ever seen these in person to comment? I contacted Braum directly and unfortunately they don't have any swatches to provide. I wasn't in the market for a set of racing seats because my stock ones are in pretty damn good condition but these caught my eye.

The pricing is $700/pair and another $140 per bracket x2 so about $1000 all said and done.

What say you?

http://www.tmiproducts.com/products/1997-1998-gt-cobra-upgrade-kit-vinyl-unisuede-inserts.html

around the same price once you factor in new seat foam. but, youll have Cobra seats the fit perfectly in the car and you wont have to worry about color match unless your upholstery is faded.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
http://www.tmiproducts.com/products/1997-1998-gt-cobra-upgrade-kit-vinyl-unisuede-inserts.html

around the same price once you factor in new seat foam. but, youll have Cobra seats the fit perfectly in the car and you wont have to worry about color match unless your upholstery is faded.

I've given that some thought as well. If I were to go that route I would also ditch the power seat assembly for a manual rack. The thing that spurred this on is that my seat won't go down and is stuck in the highest position. Pulled the seat and did some testing it turns out it's the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread