radio not working

jakesspv6

Established Member
So in my 96 cobra my radio has stopped working. I have checked all the connections, checked the fuses, and made sure all was well. The radio itself has power to it but there is absolutely no sound coming from the speakers at all. anyone have any ideas on what I should check? Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Jake

crazycarlo

Established Member
Do you have anyone local with a Sn-96 cobra. Id say swap radios and that will let you know if its internal to the radio. If not Id check the AMPS in the back deck. Unfortunately Im not sure how, I just know they are known to go bad.

arayray

Established Member
Check the front amp inside the dash under the radio, when mine went bad that was the cause. Got a new radio and everything and I eventually replaced all the amps but the front one was the culprit.

jakesspv6

Established Member
Do you have anyone local with a Sn-96 cobra. Id say swap radios and that will let you know if its internal to the radio. If not Id check the AMPS in the back deck. Unfortunately Im not sure how, I just know they are known to go bad.
I actually have a 98 cobra that I am using for a parts car right now. tried it, and I got the same results.

Check the front amp inside the dash under the radio, when mine went bad that was the cause. Got a new radio and everything and I eventually replaced all the amps but the front one was the culprit.

Thanks, I will definitely try that next. I want to replace the whole system but it won't be for a little while. anyone know where the amp is grounded at? maybe that may be it?

jakesspv6

Established Member

This is exactly what it was. thanks a lot brotha!

-Jake

Users who are viewing this thread