Radio stolen, installing a new one FML

pappytaco

Established Member
Ok gents/gals, I purchased my Cobra awhile back from a guy who had an alright HU installed. Sadly, some SOB decided to break into my car and steal it. So I went out and purchased a Pioneer unit PN# AVH-P1400DVD and Metra 70-5519. I've done a few radio unit installs without a problem but i'm no pro by any means and i understand the Mach 460 is a "GREAT" (sarcastic) system to work with. I've got everything hooked up and it wont come on. Checked the yellow wire and it's getting power, grounds are good. What should I do? Does anybody have a pic on how they ran there harness? Im at the point that i might poor gas on top of my car and light this bitch on fire. :fm:

shurur

Established Member
mach 460/1000 schematics are out there on the internet...see if you can find them. Or any number of us on SVTP can send them to you.

these is 99 cobra colors

Besides yel == contant 12V
there is a blk/pnk ignition-12v switched pwr from fuse #32.
blk and blk/ltgn gnd
bl/rd is dimmer (same as guage rheostat)..generally NC will make radio display full on.
og/ltblu cd remote...probably doesn't apply to 2003-2004.
dkblu amp remote (feed from radio to remote amp)

Last edited:

pappytaco

Established Member
Thanks shurur, I've done so much research on this system i'm starting to lose my mind. I dont understand why it still wont work, pretty sure i have the harness right, grounds good, and fuses are good.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Just start a controlled burn inside your car to eliminate that stuff... I fought with mine for a couple weeks berfore deciding to remove it all and start fresh. That is really the best advice one can give with the 460.

Good luck pal. I too wanted to keep my factory components but after all it just could not be!

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
If you could take a pic of what ya got going on I can talk you through it.

But first of all make sure you have this..

Constant 12v at the yellow wire
Switched 12v at the red wire
A good ground at the black wire

Those three wires will make the radio power on. So if it's not powering on you have a blown fuse or a bad wire or connection somewhere there. Also check the fuse on the back of the radio itself.

After you have accomplished power make sure that the blue/white wire is hooked up. That is your amp turn on wire and is necessary with the Mach 460.

Users who are viewing this thread