rain-x treatment

swami

Established Member
i bought my '03 cobra used from the original owner and i noticed that the rain seems to sheet off like it was treated with a "rain-x type" treatment. i have used rain-x before and i didn't like it because it didn't last very long, and the results were worse than an untreated windshield between treatments. the son of the previous owner told me she didn't apply anything like this. i have had the car for two months and the rain still sheets off, so, did the factory apply anything like this and will i need to renew it and with what? TIA

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
if she ever took it in to get detailed they may have added a coat of wax to the windows. that is what i do and it seems to last forever.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
just caught this thread, the spray wax at the carwash does this too! found this out by accident one day. by the way mport, what kind of wax do you use for the windows?

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
any brand of good car wax will work. right now im trying out the new meguirs next tech stuff. so far i think its very over rated. im gunna be switching to the zaino system or some poor boys products pretty soon.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I thought the wax on the windshield dried out the wipers faster. I know I've read somewhere that it was not recommended.

I use rain-X on mine in combination with the pink rain-x Windshield Washer Fluid. I have not had to re-treat the windshield for several months.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I used a spray wax this summer.
Worked good and is easy to spray on and wipe off.
I used Rain-X before but the spray wax lasted longer and you can do it everytime you wash the car in about 2 minutes.

JP :beer:

swami

Established Member
i have a left over bottle of rain-x that i haven't used in 15 years and i just put it on the windshield of my '80 cj5, it still sheets off and smells like i remember (sorta like liquor)! maybe i should get a new bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread