RAM TRX debut

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
LMFAO
giphy.gif

Dodge giving EVERYTHING the Hellcat treatment while Ford is putting the wheezing V6 treatment to all their “performance” vehicles. Its sad when you can buy a Durango family hauler with a blown V8 sounding mean as hell, but the “top” F150 has a V6 sounding like a civic with an Vatozone exhaust :mad:
LMFAO
Wheezing EcoBoom! lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Again.

Mid Travel Raptor...

So Uppers, Lift, wheels and tires?

What type of Uppers? Uniball and Poly? You don't think OEM owners are going to be bitching and lining up for warranty work when those start squeezing and clicking in a year?

37's? How hard was it to Ballance? How long did it take? What gears got swapped in? Spacers, aftermarket wheels? What's his fuel mileage like? Any trimming? Any contact on lock-to-lock turning?

What's the vehicle roll over risk now? What's the bumper crash hight? What's the braking distance and brake pad life now? What's the likely hood hell bust a CV in the next two years?

How much did the setup cost? Now triple that for an OEM.

Running a lift and 37's is like asking why a Terminator or GT500 didn't come with a pulley and tune from the factory.
A "lift"? Wut??

You are over reaching the drivability concerns, especially when we are still talking mid travel, all those concerns... Zero.. the fun doesn't begin until you are in the long travel frontier and even then, an OEM can do some interesting things these days. My Ranger with no sway bar front OR rear has very little body roll because it has a correct roll center unlike the 3/4 linked trucks you see 3 wheeling on videos.

The Bronco is going to have an over the counter 37" tire option. And looking at the recent pics of the Bronco Warthog or Raptor, whatever they are calling it, shows that thing got it right.

kaz109

Established Member
How do you know it hasn't blown it out of the water? Are there any production ones running around yet? Still waiting for you to confirm your claim that a TRX exploded when taken down Shelby's test track, while a Raptor passed with flying colors.

To your second point:

The list of regulations that a car/truck has to meet these days would make you head spin. Unbelievable amounts of red tape and potential liability. Everything from bumper heights/pedestrian collision standards, to how sharp the creases in the sheet metal can be (yes, I'm serious).

I said it in that post but I will say it against since you did not comprehend it the first time.....I disnt not claim it did not make through the shelby test track, I stated that is what a member said/posted and I said I was waiting for some proof.

I quoted him just the same as I quoted other ppl posting pics and info of the trx . You are smart enough to read I know that so don't act like you can't read what I am typing.

kaz109

Established Member
Again.

Mid Travel Raptor...

So Uppers, Lift, wheels and tires?

What type of Uppers? Uniball and Poly? You don't think OEM owners are going to be bitching and lining up for warranty work when those start squeezing and clicking in a year?

37's? How hard was it to Ballance? How long did it take? What gears got swapped in? Spacers, aftermarket wheels? What's his fuel mileage like? Any trimming? Any contact on lock-to-lock turning?

What's the vehicle roll over risk now? What's the bumper crash hight? What's the braking distance and brake pad life now? What's the likely hood hell bust a CV in the next two years?

How much did the setup cost? Now triple that for an OEM.

Running a lift and 37's is like asking why a Terminator or GT500 didn't come with a pulley and tune from the factory.

This response is the reason I asked @blk02edge and not you. As little as I know and as much as I still have to learn I know you don't know as much as you think you know.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Why did they have to do the Raptor so wrong. Most beautiful offroad worthy truck and the exhaust sound makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes you are, you used the word lift and insinuated rollover risk on a mid travel kit...
And what.

Did he increase the ride hight of the vehicle, or did he not?

He said "Mid Travel", that implies aftermarket upper control arms to correct camber/caster from increasing the ride hight via Coil or Spacer.

I specifically asked what exactly he did to the truck.

I then explained why a manufacturer would not go that route. Sorry but I actually have worked for OEMs and was even part of the Gen 2 H2 development before Hummer was killed off.

Something like 37" tires...

Does the existing tire cell accommodate the size? Will it fit on the convair system? Will facility changes be needed? How many fit in a trailer compared to 35's? How many more trailer shipments per year will now be needed?

How long does it take to balance? Adding another 15 seconds per tire, x5 per truck and how many Raptors a year, 20k? So that's an extra 1.15 hours per day of balancing.

A 35 is $302/ea listed, 37 is $360, that's $6M a year.

How many more will fail balance? H2 we ran 120 trucks a day and saw 5-10 a week scrapped for balance failures. A 37 is going to be a % increase in rejection for OEM standards. So now your scrap and productivity will go to shit.

As for roll over and crash testing, again, you've changed the ride height. Even if you didn't lift the truck, you are still at least an inch higher. How will that impact a side crash/roll, how is that going to impact braking distance (added rotating mass), will the bumper need to be dropped? Will headlight height still comply?

Will tires contact on up compression? On and on and on...

Shit enthusiasts deal with and accept will not pass the scrutiny of lawyers, bean counters and engineers.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s the corporate view right there, it’s always a balance. We also knew they wanted to attract Raptor buyers.

Another thing to consider is weight of the rotating mass, increasing among other things stopping distance.

Corbic is right, from a manufacturer viewpoint it was the right move for them or else they wouldn’t have done it. Besides, unlike Ford, Dodge/Ram has been giving enthusiasts more than they bargained for and then some.

Users who are viewing this thread