Ran a Porsche Carrera

yellowbra

Established Member
I had my first real race in my car since I've gotton it back. I was driving back to work and I see a nice Porsche up a ways. I get close and I notice its a Carrera(don't know what year but, it looked newer). I was supposed to turn left to go to work but decieded(since it was a red light and it was just me and him) to stay and play. He was an older guy so I wasn't sure if he was going to run. I pulled away from the light and I heard him gun it. So I did the same. Me and him were neck and neck from 1st to almost the end of 3rd. I mean completely neck and neck. If I would've known that he would've taken the bait I would've launched my car. But, I wasn't sure if he was going to go so I took off normal. If I would've gotton to launch the car I think I might of had him by about 1/2 to 1 car length. I can't look at some pages at work here so I'm going to find out(by looking at pictures) what year and what kinda power it was probably putting down. I looked up the curb weight and basically every Carrera looks to weigh about 3000lbs give or take a few lbs. So all in all I think I faired pretty well considering I paid $4500 for my car. hahaha

Bankai

Established Member
I had my first real race in my car since I've gotton it back. I was driving back to work and I see a nice Porsche up a ways. I get close and I notice its a Carrera(don't know what year but, it looked newer). I was supposed to turn left to go to work but decieded(since it was a red light and it was just me and him) to stay and play. He was an older guy so I wasn't sure if he was going to run. I pulled away from the light and I heard him gun it. So I did the same. Me and him were neck and neck from 1st to almost the end of 3rd. I mean completely neck and neck. If I would've known that he would've taken the bait I would've launched my car. But, I wasn't sure if he was going to go so I took off normal. If I would've gotton to launch the car I think I might of had him by about 1/2 to 1 car length. I can't look at some pages at work here so I'm going to find out(by looking at pictures) what year and what kinda power it was probably putting down. I looked up the curb weight and basically every Carrera looks to weigh about 3000lbs give or take a few lbs. So all in all I think I faired pretty well considering I paid $4500 for my car. hahaha

Hm...how puch power are you putting down? N/A Carreras only have about 300 or so hp. Was it a S?

yellowbra

Established Member
Hm...how puch power are you putting down? N/A Carreras only have about 300 or so hp. Was it a S?

It didn't say S just Carrera I think. I didn't really look at it that closely other then to make out Carrera. I'm trying to find a picture of it. It was a newer style though. I do only have a un tuned basically stock 2v with a m112 blower on it. So I don't really have all that much power but, enough. I also have leaking exhaust manifolds.

Mark

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
It looked just like this. Same color even. I don't know if it had the 4 though(might have).

2009-porsche-carrera-4-an-2_1600x0w.jpg

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice kill. Even the slowest current-gen Carrera is a solid 12 second car. IIRC the non-S models have 325 HP and the S models have 355 and different suspension tuning and brakes.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I drove a Carrera 4 once which I think made about 340 HP.
The car moved out pretty good and felt like it had very short gearing. Very solid and smooth feeling car.

If you beat one, that's impressive IMO.

02GTP

Banned
i ran one the other day, he got me by a half car on the highway, it was brand new and i believe it was the 3.6 which makes 380hp in those.

Users who are viewing this thread