Ran my Auto conversion Cobra vert to the track.....

radaman

Established Member
I love manuals and autos and my auto gets out pretty good after the converter was added. Ive raced a few manual mach's with similar mods and havent lost yet (they could all drive too/LOL) and none of them could believe how hard my car left off the line. Im in the market for a whipple upgrage with forged internals to make about 500rwhp, but it isnt cheap to do so. Man, I wish I had a 03/04 auto cobra right about now as it seems they are just bad azz as is yours, congrats on the awesome times..

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Lookin good Jeff, i just sold the T56 you sold me and should have mine back tomarrow with a built 4R in it. Ill post some vids too. Just hoping the turbo likes the auto as much as i hear it will

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
I love manuals and autos and my auto gets out pretty good after the converter was added. Ive raced a few manual mach's with similar mods and havent lost yet (they could all drive too/LOL) and none of them could believe how hard my car left off the line. Im in the market for a whipple upgrage with forged internals to make about 500rwhp, but it isnt cheap to do so. Man, I wish I had a 03/04 auto cobra right about now as it seems they are just bad azz as is yours, congrats on the awesome times..
Thank You very much! I enjoy driving the car and watching people try to figure out if it's a Cobra or not. LOL....Then going to the track it is a blast!

Lookin good Jeff, i just sold the T56 you sold me and should have mine back tomarrow with a built 4R in it. Ill post some vids too. Just hoping the turbo likes the auto as much as i hear it will

WHAT!!!! LMAO! You will love the auto. You getting it retuned with the Auto? What converter you go with?

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
:banana:Another Update!!! 1/31/09 Steele Alabama on Bogarts
IMG_0013.jpg

Then got another best with no other changes than the wheels and tires:
60'ft: 1.53
1/8 : 7.23 @ 94.3
1/4: 11.38 @ 117.9 here's yet another video so you can see how hard I did not launch.....:sleeping:

th_MVI_0001.jpg

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
If I ever had a cobra again I would love to have an auto in it. Just too expensive to do the swap. Looks like you are running some great times out of yours. Do you have any pics of the interior?

silvrsrt

Established Member
why dont you have a cage? lol

I have been kicked out of both local tracks here for running high 12's :nonono:

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
If I ever had a cobra again I would love to have an auto in it. Just too expensive to do the swap. Looks like you are running some great times out of yours. Do you have any pics of the interior?

Not any good ones, weather should be nice this weekend will take some post up. However all Mach 1 automatic parts new from Ford was used, looks like it should be there. Yes it can get out of hand quick on the money side of it. LOL.. Thanks I am very pleased with the times it runs for no more performance parts that have been added other than the auto.
why dont you have a cage? lol

I have been kicked out of both local tracks here for running high 12's :nonono:

Cage????:bash: My car is not fast enough for a cage!!! :poke:
I would like to run at some Big events but I just can't bring myself to putting a cage in it! I wish I could find a bolt in that looked nice and wasn't junk so I could goto some events with it.........still up in the air about that though. :beer:

Ya its getting retuned, its a lentech manual VB and PA converter

Cool.........

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Cage????:bash: My car is not fast enough for a cage!!! :poke:
I would like to run at some Big events but I just can't bring myself to putting a cage in it! I wish I could find a bolt in that looked nice and wasn't junk so I could goto some events with it.........still up in the air about that though. :beer:

Cool.........

the cage will save your ass and the tracks ass when something bad happens (god forbid). i know alot of people do it but most of them are hardtops..not vert! stay safe and good times

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
I know I told you I was going to take some interior pics this weekend but the weather never did break, I will as soon as I get a chance! You can get into the Cobra's again by purchasing this one! At a Price though.......

Very nice times for the mods that you have. :thumbsup:
Thank You!

Dang nice times man an a beautiful car to boot. When are u gonna pulley and port that eaton an go into the 10's?
Already have a Metco lower pulley kit on it but no port. If I decide to go any faster I will def. be putting a cage in it, may try Nitrous withthe unported blower first then who knows from there.

the cage will save your ass and the tracks ass when something bad happens (god forbid). i know alot of people do it but most of them are hardtops..not vert! stay safe and good times
I totally understand and agree with Safety rules! I ran the NMCA EFI classes for 3 years and although my car only ran 11's it was NHRA legal to 10.00 by MY choice since I was racing the car almost ever other weekend, when not with the NMCA at local tracks. This car was not supposed to be this fast! Street driven automatic driven on sunny days never dreamed with the small amount of money spent on it that I would be deep in the 11's. car only has approx. 17k miles on it and is one of 237 10th anv. verts built. I have to ask myself if I want to take the plunge and actually attempt to make it faster which would def. include a cage(need to check into bolt in cages), I have all other NHRA safety needs on the car. I could let someone else buy it and take that plunge with it....... I really hate to do something to the car that can't be put back to stock. I know I know Verts are slow, I hear that all the time but not so much here lately!!!:dancenana:

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Congrats on your car and your pass. I got my auto cobra done 2 years ago with manual valve body and I love it. I went 11.15 with stage 4 port and 2.76 pulley. I can still race from roll. I dont miss 6-speed at all. They wont let me race at the track until i get my cage done so lucky you.

EDIT: the price I paid for the swap was $1000 since I traded my 6-speed for a mustang gt trany with a local guy and he paid for the rest of stuff i need it. I have done the same with Irs to solid axle. i paid $150 for 95 solid axle sold my Irs for $600 and spent the money on the swap.

Last edited:

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
Yea auto is the way to go. I got the boot when i went times in sig. Never thought it would have gone that fast. I was very impressed to say the least.

That was the best return drive after i got the slip, had a huge smile on my face the rest of the day.

Only if i had a converter, i think i could have went 10's with a harder launch.

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member

I finally had an ok day weather wise and had time to take the pics I told you I would forever ago! LOL.... Everything was replaced with Mach 1 interior pieces, here you go! :beer:

May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-37.jpg

May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-34.jpg

May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-29.jpg

May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-2.jpg

May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-23.jpg

Trans cooler
May14200910thAnniversaryCobraCon-27.jpg

Had to throw in a Pic with the 10th ANV. wheels on it! LOL

JeffreyKirkland

Established Member
Did you do any more mods to your car since the last time you went to the track.

No but plan on playing with launching and shift points

Very Nice!

Thank You!

Yall let us know so we can try and go as well. My ARB will be here in the next few days, so hopefully I can get it on.

I will! Don't know anyone else that runs anymore was hoping Yourself and Pdubs might be ready to head over soon...That thing should pick up a .10 or .20 just in forward motion with the ARB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread