Random Picture Thread

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
LOL, never thought of that but would have been a good idea.

Always fun to be the guy at parties to give other people bad ideas, little red guy on the left shoulder.

Hope you had a good 4th. Made it through another with all ten.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
upload_2021-7-5_9-23-3.jpeg

Nuff Said!

Fat Boss

Established Member
Turkeys can fly just fine. I was out working on my Falcon once when a "commotion" made me turn around to see a turkey flying STRAIGHT UP the side of a 50 foot redwood tree. It landed just fine near the top. They also easily fly 30 feet up to roost in my oak trees in my backyard.

Here's a pic of one flying in my front yard.

80-turkey_flying_f3031dce3ae1192f817f7a1cf2c81104d8b42135.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Turkeys can fly just fine. I was out working on my Falcon once when a "commotion" made me turn around to see a turkey flying STRAIGHT UP the side of a 50 foot redwood tree. It landed just fine near the top. They also easily fly 30 feet up to roost in my oak trees in my backyard.

Here's a pic of one flying in my front yard.

View attachment 1711045
You might enjoy these two.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Yep. That's what my yard looks and sounds like when they pour out of the trees. The most I've seen at once is 68 of them.

Fat Boss

Established Member
So that old episode of WKRP in Cincinnati is a complete lie! I'm so disappointed.

Still funnier than hell.

A couple years ago I watched the entire series again. It stands the test of time.

Wild turkeys can fly just fine. It's the butterball turkeys that would fall like a sack of shit from a helicopter.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

Useless fact of the day: There's a plot of land out in the middle of nowhere Indiana that the Navy maintains specifically for lumber for the USS Constitution.

Yep. That's what my yard looks and sounds like when they pour out of the trees. The most I've seen at once is 68 of them.

Strangest experience I had was coming back from a hike in the woods. A snowstorm had set in. I'm not too far from home and through the driving snow I see this large black animal running at me. I thought it was the neighbor's dog so I call for it. In a second it's almost right on top of me and...it's a turkey. Not only that, but it's with a good 40 of it's turkey buddies. I stood still as this whole flock rushes past me on all sides like I'm not even there. Just a total cacophony of gobbles and calls and then...nothing but the sound of the driving wind as they disappear into the snow. Totally surreal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can only imagine how that must be in person. Most I've personally seen around here is 4-5 turkeys. Only two flying. Seeing like 68 turkeys flying, as big as they are, WOW!

Fat Boss

Established Member
I can only imagine how that must be in person. Most I've personally seen around here is 4-5 turkeys. Only two flying. Seeing like 68 turkeys flying, as big as they are, WOW!

The 68 weren't flying, they were just wandering through. Here's a pic looking down my driveway towards my rental at a bunch of them.

80-33_20turkeys_zpssau0sbtx_8ba203ac90d30b8f51f8054c43cc53efde9d5aa2.png

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Once when I was bow hunting, I was in my stand before first light. When the sun came up, must have been 30 turkeys took off from their roosts. Scared the crap out of me, I thought a plane was crashing.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread