move along
Established Member
My happy little garden gnomes
Image1629916794.258523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member
$5 a gallon difference E85 can pay for itself real quick
I took that picture up in Pahrump several years ago. I can't recall if that gas station sold E85 or not. I wanted to put some in my GT500 at the time but my car was tuned for 91 octane. Not sure what would have happened had I pumped it up with 101. Probably not good things.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I took that picture up in Pahrump several years ago. I can't recall if that gas station sold E85 or not. I wanted to put some in my GT500 at the time but my car was tuned for 91 octane. Not sure what would have happened had I pumped it up with 101. Probably not good things.

unleaded 101 wouldnt have hurt anything but it also wouldn't have helped much either. If you ran it all the time it might accelerate carbon buildup if it wasn't getting complete combustion

helloWorld

Established Member
... Not sure what would have happened had I pumped it up with 101. Probably not good things.

Running that high of octane for a short amount of time when you aren't tuned for it is good for one thing; you can definitely see if you are reading false knock or if you are actually getting real knock.

railroad

Established Member
You can run a blend of 101 and your 91 octane pump gas.
Add a gallon and see how that feels. Try 2 gallons on so on until you feel no improvement.
I run a light blend of C-9 plus my 93 pump in both my 13 GT500 and 99 Mustang Cobra with KB SC. It makes both cars run peppier and cleaner throttle response.

Users who are viewing this thread