Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
warning-signs-pasture.jpg

warning-signs-danger.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Chicken going right up with beef. What's next, swine flu?

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Two more cases of bird flu have been discovered in Minnesota.

The latest infections were found in Morrison and Stearns counties.

(credit: CBS)
This is the second case detected in Stearns County.

So far, more than 378,000 birds have been euthanized in Minnesota because of the highly-contagious virus.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Funny how some people don't seem to know that oil changes are a good idea. But, I guess I have seen my fair share of sludged engines come into the dealerships over the years.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I will treat "MonkeyPox" just like I treated Covid.
In my world, it does not exist.
I don't engage with delusional psychopaths.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
"Lumber markets are probing for a floor," Kevin Mason, managing director of ERA Forest Products Research, told Bloomberg, citing plunging home sales and higher interest rates, adding lumber prices may fall to $400 per 1,000 board feet in the next two months before producers curb production to remove excess supply.

Sales of newly built homes plunged 16.6% in April from March to the lowest level since April 2020, at the height of the COVID lockdowns in the U.S., and the biggest drop in nine years.

Lumber buyers have slowed orders and wood is piling up at mills, which are weighing on prices, pricing service Random Lengths said, according to The Wall Street Journal.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I know things are fixing to be bad when homes and cars used to sell within hours, and now there's tons that have been sitting for weeks and weeks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here is some random news that made me go.....WUT??? But, hey, it's Cali! Gotta celebrate those bumblebee's who want to identify as fish. LOL.

California court rules a bumblebee is a fish under environmental law. The Appellate Court ruled a lower court 'erred when it reached a contrary conclusion'​

By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

A bumblebee is a fish under California law, a California court said in a ruling this week. And thus, the bumblebee should be protected by the state’s endangered species ordinances, court documents show. In the case, Almond Alliance of California v. Fish and Game Commission, the California State Appellate Court of the Third District said the "issue presented here is whether the bumblebee, a terrestrial invertebrate, falls within the definition of a fish," according to legal documents.

According to the judges, the bumblebee is classified as a fish as a liberal interpretation of the word "fish", as well as the state’s own legislative history, including non-aquatic life.

The judges explained that "although the term fish is colloquially and commonly understood to refer to aquatic species," the law, as it is written, makes the legal "definition of fish… not so limited," the court documents show. The court explained the "Endangered Species Act" has given classification authority to the Fish and Game Commission to determine what is and is not an endangered species, court documents show. And, under the law, the commission is solely responsible for establishing "a list of endangered species and a list of threatened species." The court also found the commission’s authority "was not limited to listing only aquatic invertebrates."

The state’s own legislative history also supports this "liberal interpretation" to classify a non-aquatic bumblebee as a "fish" as under state law "the Commission may list any invertebrate as an endangered or threatened species."

Before 1969, the law defined fish as "wild fish, mollusks, or crustaceans, including any part, spawn or ova thereof." That same year, the Legislature amended a section that defined fish to add invertebrates and amphibia. This section was changed only once, in 2015, when the state Legislature modified the definition to read "‘[f]ish’ means a wild fish, mollusk, crustacean, invertebrate, amphibian, or part, spawn, or ovum of any of those animals."

"We acknowledge the scope of the definition is ambiguous," the judges added, the court documents showed. The court ultimately ruled Judge James P. Arguelles of the Sacramento County Superior Court "erred when [he] reached a contrary conclusion."

Last edited:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone is keeping score.

Democrats 65,415... Republicans 4

edit* maybe should of said

scientists 65,415... heretics 4

Users who are viewing this thread