Raptor Roundup in Vegas this weekend

SOCOMech

Established Member
Probably short notice for alot of you but if anyone is in the Vegas area, Ford's putting on the first Raptor Roundup at Vegas Motorspeedway this Sat. the 19th. The gates open for Raptor owners at 8am and for the general public at 10am. They will have Raptor's there for people to drive around the off-road race course and for those of us bringing our own, we get to take ours out on the course. A few pro drivers will be there as will some big wig's from Ford. They will also have full walk arounds and even some Raptor driver training. As of earlier this week, 42 Raptor owners registered to bring theirs so it should be an awesome turn out.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Well it went absolutely great and what a blast it was taking them arounf the Lucas Oil Off-Road racing track! I tell ya, you really don't know what this truck is all about until you put it through it's paces like this, it really gives a new found respect for the engineering and design that went into it. The track had some great table tops, step downs and high banking turns that made it an all around great ride. They had a couple of the engineers that actually worked on the Raptor there and one rode with you to make sure you knew how to attack each obstacle and what speed to hit it at. Most of the jumps were at 40mph. There was about 40 Raptors there with 3 of them being one's from local dealers (hope they discount them because those were the ones that people would reeeaaally flogged, lol). Of course, alot of us drove our own. At the end of the day, they took us out to Nellis Dunes for an hour or so off-road trip, really cool to be in a big group of Raptors and all of us out having fun. Ford and VORE did a great job with this and everyone had a great time.
Here's one of my attempts....
907916786_RzpHi-L.jpg
[/IMG]
img8277small.jpg
[/IMG]

Some of the trucks there...
IMG_0683.jpg
[/IMG]

They had this copter fly around with us to shoot footage and take pics that will eventually be put onto Ford's website....
IMG_0709.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0706.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0713.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0717.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a great vid from one of our fellow Raptor owner's......
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-xJRQLY-U4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Ford Raptor Round Up 2010 Las Vegas Speedway![/nomedia]

And another of some brave soul in one of the dealer trucks, lol! This was by far the biggest jump of the day.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dNYIf7nh90&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- M4H01095.MP4[/nomedia]

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Looks like a fun time. Some of those stills in the first vid are crazy. Maybe they should have made a better landing area instead of a tabletop?

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
What kinda wheels are you running and do you have any better pics?

Also, do you have any pics of the gunblog.com truck. It looks like it is pretty tricked out.

Thanks,
Blake

SOCOMech

Established Member
What kinda wheels are you running and do you have any better pics?

Also, do you have any pics of the gunblog.com truck. It looks like it is pretty tricked out.

Thanks,
Blake

Wheels are 17" Method Race Wheels. I don't have any pics of the gunblog.com truck (forum member "RIKU" on svtoffroad.com) but he has 20" Fuel Moto wheels (IIRC) on Toyo Open Country's and he had all the trim that is usually gray painted tuxedo black to match the truck, it's a very sharp lookin' ride. Here's a thread I posted a while back after I put the wheels on with some pics......http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/691096-my-6-2-raptor-new-wheels.html

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Wheels are 17" Method Race Wheels. I don't have any pics of the gunblog.com truck (forum member "RIKU" on svtoffroad.com) but he has 20" Fuel Moto wheels (IIRC) on Toyo Open Country's and he had all the trim that is usually gray painted tuxedo black to match the truck, it's a very sharp lookin' ride. Here's a thread I posted a while back after I put the wheels on with some pics......http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/691096-my-6-2-raptor-new-wheels.html

Thanks for the info. Your truck looks great. I really like the Method Wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread