Raptor Starting Problem????

TorchMach

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

First off, Merry Christmas you filthy Animals!

So I've been having a little issue with my truck, 2013 Raptor Screw. When I go to start it sometimes it goes to fire, but doesn't. The starter just kicks, kicks and kicks. No check engine light or any sign of anything, then after a few minutes it will fire up like nothing happen.

I dropped it off with Ford last Tuesday and a week later I got it back with a new fuel pump as they believe it that's what it was as it was dropping fuel pressure slightly (warranty still in tact). The whole week it was with Ford it fired right up with out a issue. So fast forward to yesterday, the truck does the same thing and again, it's back with Ford.

Has anyone gone through this? Any ideas what it might be?

(I heard there is a reset switch or something by the passenger side leg area that might have gotten lose? Any truth to this?)

Thanks,
Ruben

02_Lightning

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

First off, Merry Christmas you filthy Animals!

So I've been having a little issue with my truck, 2013 Raptor Screw. When I go to start it sometimes it goes to fire, but doesn't. The starter just kicks, kicks and kicks. No check engine light or any sign of anything, then after a few minutes it will fire up like nothing happen.

I dropped it off with Ford last Tuesday and a week later I got it back with a new fuel pump as they believe it that's what it was as it was dropping fuel pressure slightly (warranty still in tact). The whole week it was with Ford it fired right up with out a issue. So fast forward to yesterday, the truck does the same thing and again, it's back with Ford.

Has anyone gone through this? Any ideas what it might be?

(I heard there is a reset switch or something by the passenger side leg area that might have gotten lose? Any truth to this?)

Thanks,
Ruben

I highly doubt it - what they speak of is the inertia switch that activates in a crash to cut fuel. One thing to try that is very easy.... Disconnect the battery and leave your parking lights on. Leave it that way overnight. At same time, get some CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner and clean the sensor (in air intake pipe before the flex pipe). Put all back together in the morning and take for a 10-15 mile ride. Doing this is an effective KAM reset and all of your sensors will be relearned by computer. Should fix your issue.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
OP - Might want to also check the condition of fuse # 27 (related to fuel pump IIRC) under the hood. It's been known to cause starting/stalling problems in these trucks...g'luck ! Make sure #27 isn't burnt/toasted/melted.

BTW there's also a TSB that has been released about this particular fuse that involves re-wiring/mounting it; you can read up on the TSB over on the FRF message board ( http://www.fordraptorforum.com/forum.php ).

G'luck !

TorchMach

Established Member
OP - Might want to also check the condition of fuse # 27 (related to fuel pump IIRC) under the hood. It's been known to cause starting/stalling problems in these trucks...g'luck ! Make sure #27 isn't burnt/toasted/melted.

BTW there's also a TSB that has been released about this particular fuse that involves re-wiring/mounting it; you can read up on the TSB over on the FRF message board ( http://www.fordraptorforum.com/forum.php ).

G'luck !

Thank you 02-Lightning, I'll give that a try if when I get the truck back I have the same issue.

Cobra90GT - Yes, I put the same message on Raptorforumz, the same good advice was given. I left the service rep a voicemail asking him to perform the TSB and check if that fuse looked fine.

Thanks for the good info fellas, I'll let you know what it ends up being.

TorchMach

Established Member

G'luck !

You were right bud, it was the fuse. They relocated it and rewired it. It idle's a little low, but I think they just removed the tune so I'll have to reload it.

Thanks again for the help fellas. :beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread