Rarest vehicle you have ever seen on the street

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I thought of this thread because I may have just seen, what I think may be the rarest vehicles on the street, but I will let some of the experts here tell me if that is the case. Prior to seeing what I saw, I would say seeing two 300SL MBs driving together (one gullwing, one vert) was probably the rarest or the old Deusenbergs or Rolls Royces I saw driving together in La Jolla, Ca.

Here is what I just saw in the valley 10min ago though. Older fellow driving it and it was all white. I didn't know it was a RUF until I found this one online. I thought it was one of the Porsche RSR racecars. But it 100% looked like this. I haven't gotten so giddy like a kid about a car since I was... a kid, but this one did it and I had to share. Plus, if anyone remembers the movie Condor Man, then you will understand where my love for the Slant Nose Porsches and all black cars come from lol.

IMG_2025-final-web-JPEG-1-1024x576.jpg

IMG_2025-full-car-web-1.png

IMG_1981-final-web-1.png

31389046614_d9598501ff_b.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Ironically, I'd say the rarest vehicle I've seen on the street is also a Porsche. Saw a 959 one time. Looked much stranger than it does in pictures, but still pretty sweet.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Ironically, I'd say the rarest vehicle I've seen on the street is also a Porsche. Saw a 959 one time. Looked much stranger than it does in pictures, but still pretty sweet.

Actually, that is really rare. I don't recall ever seeing a 959 anywhere ever. Closest thing I have seen to that class of car is an XJ220 at a dealership here.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I just told my friend about it and showed him and apparently I know the guy that owns it. He made his money off of a chain of titty coffee stands. Dude parties nonstop and does a lot of cocaine, and luckily for us, crashes a lot of cars in the process. Guess he keeps this car in an airplane hangar. I have never seen it but my friend has.

Recon

Established Member
Looks like the RUF RSR Redbird. Based off a Slantnose.
Rarest car I’ve is a 1 of 5 or 6 Punisher edition C5Z. Or a real numbers matching 69 HEMI Daytona 4spd. Or our Slantnose. Really liked the Daytona, don’t care for the FRC C5, and absolutely adore our Slantnose.

Pick your poison.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Like this one? That's pretty wild man! Lol

View attachment 1470714

Yes!
But was two tone blue and silver.

Had console shift ftw

Wife’s old high school wagon.

I suppose this is a rare to me Occurance
I’ve honest to god never seen another one.

Seen some form of a mclaren.
550 or 570 maybe.
He pulled away before I could cover the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Looks like the RUF RSR Redbird. Based off a Slantnose.
Rarest car I’ve is a 1 of 5 or 6 Punisher edition C5Z. Or a real numbers matching 69 HEMI Daytona 4spd. Or our Slantnose. Really liked the Daytona, don’t care for the FRC C5, and absolutely adore our Slantnose.

Pick your poison.
I was going to tag you above. How rare is that RUF? Do you know the specs? I saw 730hp on the one I posted above but I dont know if it is modded or that is how RUF made it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I saw a white Countach a couple years ago. I think I’ve only ever seen one other in person.
Saw a Countach probably in the late 90s before they were classics and worth the money they are now. It was cool then but definitely didn't have the 80s nostalgia they do now.

Recon

Established Member
I was going to tag you above. How rare is that RUF? Do you know the specs? I saw 730hp on the one I posted above but I dont know if it is modded or that is how RUF made it.

To my knowledge it’s a 1 of 1, in terms of being the Redbird. When it was for sale several years ago it had the specs but I’ve since forgotten most of them. I do know the body is in fact stock, but the engine is out of a 993.
It’s similar to the 65 Shelby Daytona Cobra Super Coupe (only 427 equipped Daytona). Being they had plains to build it, worked on the first one, but decided to cancel it.

Pick your poison.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
To my knowledge it’s a 1 of 1, in terms of being the Redbird. When it was for sale several years ago it had the specs but I’ve since forgotten most of them. I do know the body is in fact stock, but the engine is out of a 993.
It’s similar to the 65 Shelby Daytona Super Coupe. Being they had plains to build it, worked on the first one, but decided to cancel it.

Pick your poison.
Okay, cause I have never seen that particular RUF ever, but I know some of Porsches RSRs look similar but the one I saw looked exactly like this. I need to find out how they got it or who built it. I guess they have quite the collection. 3 hangars full of cars. He sold his 240Z to my friend which we are restoring now.

kwkshift

Established Member
I saw a black/ tan Countach this morning....

McLaren F1
Black on red Enzo
Paris Dakar Rally 959 (yes, driven on the street)
Real Shelby Daytona
Lots of other stuff I can't remember.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Got to drive a Porsche 911 twin turbo. Im not sure how rare it is, but I thought it was cool.

Drove a Lotus Evora and Audi R8 also.

Recon

Established Member
Okay, cause I have never seen that particular RUF ever, but I know some of Porsches RSRs look similar but the one I saw looked exactly like this. I need to find out how they got it or who built it. I guess they have quite the collection. 3 hangars full of cars. He sold his 240Z to my friend which we are restoring now.

Could be a Slantnose with an RSR body conversion on it.
Nice the Z’s are cool little cars.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread