Rarest vehicle you have ever seen on the street

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
New white Ford GT. Probably was going to a car show but still counts. No pic cause I was driving and drooling.
918 Spyder Porsche as well but in season in Palm Beach.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
P1 in the orange color. Saw it leaving the local Porsche/MB/Maserati/Jag dealer here the other day. Also seen it riding around.

Semi related.. There's an old garage that sits back off the road behind someones property. When I was kid, dad took me back there to see what was in it. His friend rented the adjacent shop and had keys to this building as it housed some of his machinist tools.

In it were probably the most badass of badass

67/8 GT500KR Convertible 428 SCJ 4 speed
70' Judge in Orange
I forget the year- Plymouth GTX 440 Pistol Grip 4 Speed track pack (or w/e)
65 (I think) 427 Shelby Cobra numbers matching

They've been in there for 30-40 years or so. I believe they were put in there in the 80's. And as far as I know.. they are still there.

Also when I was a kid, junkyard hunting with dad, a crackhead told us where a real Talladega was at. It was in a patch of trees the guy planted because he was so paranoid it would get stolen. I was the only one skinny enough to get back there and in a clearing there it was. Numbers matching, Black 69' Talladega. I remember opening the door and hood and seeing the Nascar vin plate and seeing the history embodied in the car.. it's one of those moments i'll always hold on to. I was the only one that could see it, and as far as I know, I'm the only one that ever has.

/romanticism

SVTCam

Established Member
Not sure how rare they are, but I know it appraises really high.. my good buddy's dad has a 1967 Thom Mcan GTO. **edit** appears there are only 2 left accounted for.. and his is all original, never restored. HOLY. http://www.motortrend.com/news/1967-pontiac-gto-drive/

Also, I was lucky enough to get a ride in a family friend's Jag XJ220 years back before they sold it. Awesome car.

Last edited:

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
32 years ago, or so, I saw a Ferrari 288 GTO out on the highway. That is still my favorite Ferrari. It is just so tough and muscular looking.

Rare40th

Established Member
I'd say rarest car I've been around is my old mans 1927 Durant Star or a neighbor that lived by us about 10 years ago had an all original 427 Cobra. Red with White stripes. Original paint as well.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Forgot the mention the 2 Bugatti Chirons I've seen driving. One was blue and one a cherry color. Funny I've never seen a Veyron in the wild but I saw the two Chirons within about a month.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Man you guys have seen some really rare cars on the road.

I'm not sure I've seen a single digit production car. I recall seeing a Veyron when they first came out and that was genuinely shocking. They aren't super rare anymore.

Cobra R is another cool one
Boss9
Handful of Ford GTs, not a new one yet
Lotus Esprit
Plenty of lambos and Ferrari's, one of my buddy's swears he saw a Reventon but I think he is FOS.

I'm drawing a blank on any others, I know I've seen rarer cars than that. One car that isn't super rare, but to me it seems really rare is a Triumph GT6. I've only seen one and I didn't even know it existed until then. Minor poking around to pick one up either finds you some pieces of one or something that the owner wants way too much for. I guess they only made like 900 left hand drive variants for the States and I don't think many of them have survived.

Recon

Established Member
^ now I remember seeing one at the arts Museum in Nashville, TN. Several other rare classic cars in that museum.

Pick your poison.

Dusten

Established Member
Man you guys have seen some really rare cars on the road.

I'm not sure I've seen a single digit production car. I recall seeing a Veyron when they first came out and that was genuinely shocking. They aren't super rare anymore.

Cobra R is another cool one
Boss9
Handful of Ford GTs, not a new one yet
Lotus Esprit
Plenty of lambos and Ferrari's, one of my buddy's swears he saw a Reventon but I think he is FOS.

I'm drawing a blank on any others, I know I've seen rarer cars than that. One car that isn't super rare, but to me it seems really rare is a Triumph GT6. I've only seen one and I didn't even know it existed until then. Minor poking around to pick one up either finds you some pieces of one or something that the owner wants way too much for. I guess they only made like 900 left hand drive variants for the States and I don't think many of them have survived.
I live near a Google facility, Amazon, and the Microsoft headquarters...

Google exotics @ rtc
That's a weekly meet

4GTNSVT

Hatin' In My Free Time
Established Member
I’d love to see a Vector. The W8 is one stupid fast and very interesting car.

Pick your poison.

They are badass in person.

Attachments

• Vector.jpg
    Vector.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 119

4GTNSVT

Hatin' In My Free Time
Established Member
Living and growing up in the motor city I have seen almost everything. Between the Woodward Dream Cruise and the Lingenfelter collection there is not much left. I think maybe an F1 and P1 and a few Pagani's are about all I have not seen.

Recon

Established Member
View attachment 1471094
My uncle driving my neighbors type 30 something Bugatti. He also has 2 of 6 Bugatti touring cars and original ac cobra and many early lotus’s.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You win. Those early Bugatti’s are just gorgeous works of art. Which is to be expected from a family of artists. It’s amazing that Mr. Bugatti sculpted the Aerolithe out of a magnesium alloy.

Pick your poison.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I live near a Google facility, Amazon, and the Microsoft headquarters...

Google exotics @ rtc
That's a weekly meet

How have I never heard of this? I just looked at all the photos on Google. All I can say is... DAMN!

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You win. Those early Bugatti’s are just gorgeous works of art. Which is to be expected from a family of artists. It’s amazing that Mr. Bugatti sculpted the Aerolithe out of a magnesium alloy.

Pick your poison.

Didn’t that cdn garage make one from scratch?
Restoration garage or something and now it’s in Dubai iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
How have I never heard of this? I just looked at all the photos on Google. All I can say is... DAMN!
Its an amazing show. Their FB will list events. They do focused days, with ferraris only, or brits only. Its a ton of fun. Ive seen sir mix a lot out there with his McClaren.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Its an amazing show. Their FB will list events. They do focused days, with ferraris only, or brits only. Its a ton of fun. Ive seen sir mix a lot out there with his McClaren.

Yeah, he brings his kids to my family's skating rink in Federal Way all the time. I haven't seen his McLaren yet though. Is it an F1 or a newer model?

I'm going to try to make an outing with the crew from work of this show though when it starts back up for the season.

Users who are viewing this thread