Rashard Mendenhall

Keith Stone

Banned
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall tweeted this today regarding Osama Bin Laden's recent death and it's now all over the news, apparently defending Bin Laden....

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

He went on to tweet this (which he has since deleted from his Twitter account....

We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style

Discuss.....

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
His studies in school was obviously structural engineering :shrug: he should know,.,.

no, he was a physical education major? wait, wut??

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I understand the celebrating a persons death argument, but he doesn't believe a plane could do that? Cmon Mendenhall, gotta be smarter than that man.

I think he's apologized for making a fool of himself for this. Might be wrong.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
I saw this yesterday. although something like this would usually heat me up. Im still on a high after hearing the news. As far as what he said IMO is stuff i would expect from the ignorant. What ever happened to "We will never forget"? Do we not remember those countries celebrating in the streets shortly after the twin towers went down?

Coiled03

Established Member
Embarrased to say he went to the University of Illinois. :nonono:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Martin Luther King said:
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

:read:

Robert Francis

Established Member
Rooney of the Steelers addressed Mendenhall's comments yesterday to assure all that they were "not" shared by himself or the Steeler organization.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Why would anyone care enough to follow the comments made by someone on Twitter? Even with that said, the comments were quite silly and laughable.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
His studies in school was obviously structural engineering :shrug: he should know,.,.

no, he was a physical education major? wait, wut??

Even as a phys ed major, he should be able to reason and apply logic, or maybe not.

Wow, another athlete shooting his mouth off? Naw, that never happens...

They have been told that their uninformed opinions actually matter.

Rashard was in the 7th grade when those dumb****s attacked us under bin ladens orders so what does that dumb bastard know? Run the football rashard,not your stupid mouth!

He should just STFU

I understand the celebrating a persons death argument, but he doesn't believe a plane could do that? Cmon Mendenhall, gotta be smarter than that man.

I think he's apologized for making a fool of himself for this. Might be wrong.

We were celebrating the demise of an enemy and the payback for his actions on American soil.

He'd be released from my team for defending that evil mother****er.

Banned from the league is more like it.

Embarrased to say he went to the University of Illinois. :nonono:

Obviously he is not representative of the good people of the State of Ill. :beer:

Rooney of the Steelers addressed Mendenhall's comments yesterday to assure all that they were "not" shared by himself or the Steeler organization.

Of course not. Now, how about a suspension or fine.

Why would anyone care enough to follow the comments made by someone on Twitter? Even with that said, the comments were quite silly and laughable.

The comments were ridiculous and shameful.

Not much to discuss. He's an f'in moron that should shut his mouth and stick to footall

Agreed

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Good post.

I am thankful osama is gone but I am not celebrating his death by any means.
I look at it as that he will never be able to take another human life, and for that I am thankful. And I also pray that his community of followers will fall apart so they are not half as strong today.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Osama was a piece of garbage. He was this era's hitler. He got what he deserved. Vengeance was served for everyone he murdered.

Well if you look at some of the other comments that he made which have been left out by the OP, you kind of understand his point of view:

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

"There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to think."

Pittsburgh Steelers react to Rashard Mendenhall's bin Laden tweets - ESPN

Its true that Bin Laden did some awful things on this planet, but looking at it from God's point of view, Jesus also died for Bin Laden. Now whether Mendenhall was referring to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ only he can answer. But I do see his point about celebrating the death of people. We like to think that there is nothing wrong with celebrating death because this death was in retaliation. But either way its an ugly thing to celebrate the death of someone. Seems that was point altogether.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread