Rate your Power Adder

Blaine

Established Member
Everyone has their preference on which Power Adder to go with concerning the GT500. Each one of them is capable of turning the GT500 into a monster, but each one of them is a different animal and has their own strengths and weaknesses. The same questions been asked over and over again on 100 different threads and instead of hunting all over the internet and these forums for the answers it time to put them all in one place to help GT500 owners pick their most important upgrade for their GT500. I want it hear it first hand from the owners.

I want to know:

1) What Power Adder you are using on your GT500?
(2.9 or 3.4 Whipple/TVS/Kenne Bell/Hellion/Vortech/Procharger/Custom Other?)
2) Why did you pick it?
3) How easy/hard was the installation? or How much did it cost to have it installed? (Shop Hours/Tuning/Other costs)
4) Customer service with power adder Manufacturer?
5) Final Dyno numbers? (Include total mods/boost lvl/fuel type)
6) Any problems which potential buyers should be aware of?
7) Other items needed to make the kit perform to max potential?
8) Sound Level of the Power Adder? (Inside/Outside/WoT/Idle)
9) 'Seat of the Pants' feel?
10) Drivablilty? (Surging/Throttle body response/ect..)
11) Average MPG?
12) PROS:
13) CONS:
14) **Best 1/4 time (This is optional since it has more to do with Total setup than just the power adder alone.)

Feel Free to post pics and Videos.:read:

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
ok, i will play!

(2.9 or 3.4 Whipple/TVS/Kenne Bell/Hellion/Vortech/Procharger/Custom Other?)

i went with the hellion compound boost system.

2) Why did you pick it?

i wanted to do a turbo car for a while now and it is just nice and different conversation when i say i have a tt500..lol..

3) How easy/hard was the installation? or How much did it cost to have it installed?

i was not there for it but from what i was told the kit can be installed in a 10 hour day.

hellion's customer service is on a completely different playing field than i have ever experienced before.
5) Final Dyno numbers? (Include total mods/boost lvl/fuel type)

724 hp 776 tq, throughout the tuning we did see higher spikes but this is where we ended up at. it was tuned on a mustang dyno. this was at 17 total lbs on 93 octane.

it is still a new kit so i can not completely answer that but i am more than confident that if there is ever an issue hellion will absolutely take care of it.

the kit is designed to go straight on as is with the suggestion of larger injectors. i went with the intercooler, injectors, abaco maf and heat exchanger.

8) Sound Level of the Power Adder? (Inside/Outside/WoT/Idle)

over all the car sounds a little quiter now at a cruising speed, for those of ya'll that like the symphony then you would love the wastegates and blow off coming from this car!

holy shit!

10) Drivablilty? (Surging/Throttle body response/ect..)

there was some minor issues in low rpm's but that was remedied with some test driving and tuning.

11) Average MPG?

i have not payed attention and really do not care but the it seems to be on par with my trips to the pump when stock, however those were frequent too!

12) PROS:

this kit is truly limited only by your short block. i will join the few others with a built block later, i am very excited to see how much they make. mike already made over 1000 hp with a sheet metal intake on the stock block!

13) CONS:

i find myself being more cautious for fear of hurting her, right now i do not know of any others.

14) **Best 1/4 time (This is optional since it has more to do with Total setup than just the power adder alone.)

i have not had a chance to get to the track because of working out of the country but i plan on making a few runs in baytown before we head out to mw..

sfadchi

Established Member
Whipple 2.9L

2) Why did you pick it?
No lowing the engine, cutting the hood, or lengthly pulley changes. It it also the newest blower on the market, and who does like getting something new.

3) How easy/hard was the installation? or How much did it cost to have it installed?
The installation is very easy once you know what your doing, I can install the complete blower now in less than an hour, it took me about 3-4 hours on the first install.

Both Lethal Performance and Whipple were pleasures to deal with.

5) Final Dyno numbers?
734HP/668TQ STD
19psi on Pump Gas with Torco, 72LB injectors, BAP, Whipple CAI & TB

Make sure you get a tuner that knows what he's doing, and make sure you buy from someone that will be there for you if you need them.

TIRES!!!

8) Sound Level of the Power Adder?
This blower screams at WOT, other than that it's very quiet.

WOW!

10) Drivablilty?
The Whipple TB takes some getting used to, but Jon Lund has the tune down pretty good.

11) Average MPG?
Same as stock, until I changed out to the 3.73

12) PROS:
Best bang for your buck superchager. It looks amazing. No cutting or lowering provided.

13) CONS:
You will need to buy tires more often!

14) **Best 1/4 time:
[email protected]

Feel Free to post pics and Videos.:read:[/QUOTE]
CIMG0089.gif

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
^^^^^What He said^^^^^^ But I have only had Whipple 2.9 up and running a couple of days. [No track times yet]

Last edited:

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
my power adder is stock for now with a port. it works well but i need more power.... sooo N20 #s by sept ill let ya kno

Users who are viewing this thread