Rats Chewed Electrical Wires Under Fender

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Hello guys hope all of you are safe and well.

Ok, I just went to my parents to picked-up my car after a 3months deployment. Popped the hood and instantly smelled the rat piss.

Washed the motor, started the car and everything ran and worked as normal but the windshield washers. When I pushed the washers button, the fluid was coming aggressively out of the driver’s door.

Jacked-up the car, took the driver front wheel and fender liner out to see what was going on, only to see the washers hose and a bunch of electrical wires were chewed.

Now my Q is, do you guys know the purpose of these electrical wires/box? The washers hose it’s an easy fix, but I'm more worried about the wires.

In the photo you’re looking toward the back of the car.

Thanks!

94DEB8F2-4910-44B5-91F4-4F13D9BEEA4F.jpeg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Hello guys hope all of you are safe and well.

Ok, I just went to my parents to picked-up my car after a 3months deployment. Popped the hood and instantly smelled the rat piss.

Washed the motor, started the car and everything ran and worked as normal but the windshield washers. When I pushed the washers button, the fluid was coming aggressively out of the driver’s door.

Jacked-up the car, took the driver front wheel and fender liner out to see what was going on, only to see the washers hose and a bunch of electrical wires were chewed.

Now my Q is, do you guys know the purpose of these electrical wires/box? The washers hose it’s an easy fix, but I'm more worried about the wires.

In the photo you’re looking toward the back of the car.

Thanks!

View attachment 1689844

That a cable coming out? My guess its the motor for the cruise control. See if you can get a pig tail from a junkyard same all years/models and solder the wire together.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That a cable coming out? My guess its the motor for the cruise control. See if you can get a pig tail from a junkyard same all years/models and solder the wire together.

pretty much this but also I'd have no issues with heat splice crimps and put marine heat shrink on top.

My mom had mice chew threw the harness at one injector and one coil on her suburban, I used the heat shrink crimp method above with no issues.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member

pretty much this but also I'd have no issues with heat splice crimps and put marine heat shrink on top.

My mom had mice chew threw the harness at one injector and one coil on her suburban, I used the heat shrink crimp method above with no issues.

Excellent info as always. Thanks guys !! I’ll try to get the pigtail from a junkyard. There are cables that I could splice easily but there are others that were chewed flush to the connector plug and would be hard to deal with. Damn rats.

shurur

Established Member
Rat poison every Fall about the last week of September. That is when they start looking for a Winter abode.

Check your vac lines...rats love those.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Always sucks to see these threads, but this could have been a lot worse since you were away so long. Is this a Mach 1?

Users who are viewing this thread