Ready to Launch, new rear parts

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Finally decided on my rear end parts for my Solid Axle.

Superior 31 Spline axles
31 Spline Traction Lock Differential
FRPP Diff Girdle

Everything came in this week for it. Just need to order my ET streets and rims and ill be ready to launch this thing hard with no worries. :) Will be installing this in the next few weeks. Then just have to wait for the warm weather to roll around.

For suspension im running H&R SS springs up front with MM isolators. Bullitt Rear springs. Pro3i Weight Jacker LCAs. Tokico 5 way adjustable drag shocks, Welded Axle tubes and TQ boxes.

Anyone wondering, the polished resovoir was from Xtreme Motorsports.

Rearparts.JPG

fubu795

Banned
Looks good man, get that thing to the track when your done. I better see some sub 1.60's coming..... :pepper: :banana: :beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
fubu795 said:
Looks good man, get that thing to the track when your done. I better see some sub 1.60's coming..... :pepper: :banana: :beer:

I cant wait. Just waiting for my tax return to order my wheels/tires and clutch :banana:

I know the car is going to fly. I was trapping consistent 123mph w/o powershifting on DRs. But i couldnt get out of the hole on the DRs.

Car would go 89 in the 1/8 and trap 123 :eek: I know it has more in it to .

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
also Fubu. Werent you running the RAM clutch? Im thinking about going that route. I heard that thing hits pretty hard :-D

Rwick7

Established Member
Juiced46 said:
also Fubu. Werent you running the RAM clutch? Im thinking about going that route. I heard that thing hits pretty hard :-D

I drove Mike's car with the Ram and it was much more "abrupt" than my spec 3i :uh oh:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
stlblack03 said:
I drove Mike's car with the Ram and it was much more "abrupt" than my spec 3i :uh oh:

Yea im guessing its pretty much an ON/OFF clutch. I had a Spec Stage 3 in my GT and it was like that. Only bad part with that clutch was gettng stuck in traffic.

fubu795

Banned
Juiced46 said:

Yea the RAM is wicked, just like you said, its on or off. I wouldn't get it again only because I drove my car on the street, it shakes the entire drivechain everytime you take off from a complete stop, very annoying. Gotta say though, it does hook, very well.

When I switched from stock to RAM, dumping the clutch at the track was completely different. The RAM slammed me back in the seat and helmet bounched off the headrest, wasn't expecting it, lol.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
fubu795 said:
Yea the RAM is wicked, just like you said, its on or off. I wouldn't get it again only because I drove my car on the street, it shakes the entire drivechain everytime you take off from a complete stop, very annoying. Gotta say though, it does hook, very well.

When I switched from stock to RAM, dumping the clutch at the track was completely different. The RAM slammed me back in the seat and helmet bounched off the headrest, wasn't expecting it, lol.

Thats exactly how my SPEC was. Unless the new centerforce is less harsh on the street but still as good @ the track, i may go that way. But right now the RAM is my top choice

fubu795

Banned
Juiced46 said:
Thats exactly how my SPEC was. Unless the new centerforce is less harsh on the street but still as good @ the track, i may go that way. But right now the RAM is my top choice

Give lou a call @ Laurel Mountain, he gave me the best price I could find. 724-696-9665. Let him know your from the forums.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
fubu795 said:
Give lou a call @ Laurel Mountain, he gave me the best price I could find. 724-696-9665. Let him know your from the forums.

Nice, i got my Diff Girdle from him. Best price i found by alot. Got it fast to

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Were you 28 spline before?

I think you shoulda got an beefier Posi trapping the speeds you are.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
postban said:
Were you 28 spline before?

I think you shoulda got an beefier Posi trapping the speeds you are.

I have a solid in the car with all stock stuff with 3.73s. The 31 Spline T-Loc will suit my needs. I thought about going with a stronger TruTrac, but for the few times a year i go to the track i do not think it is necessary for the $$ Te TruTrac was like $400.

Some of the local guys that i know are running the same diff on their turbo mustangs. One is pulling 1.4-1.5s going low 10s on this diff, the other is in the 9s. They work, and i think for my application i will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread