real test against 5.0

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
From what I read on here, a full bolt on 5.0, cj or boss intake, etc, is a 10 second car, keep up with a 2013GT500 from a roll, beat z06's and will put bus lengths on a pullied cobra. Im not trying to be sarcastic. This is what I read from the members on here. so if the 5.0 is that much of a beast and both were in 3rd gear, what does it matter?

THAT 5.0 must have been defective :lol:

OneSlowV

Established Member
People like that are fools. But the tq curve on a FI car is much better at lower rpms than a NA car. If you own a cobra you should know this.

Elwood617

Established Member
From what I read on here, a full bolt on 5.0, cj or boss intake, etc, is a 10 second car, keep up with a 2013GT500 from a roll, beat z06's and will put bus lengths on a pullied cobra. Im not trying to be sarcastic. This is what I read from the members on here. so if the 5.0 is that much of a beast and both were in 3rd gear, what does it matter?

Yeah, some guys are a little un-realistic about our cars. But, the 5.0 needed to be in 2nd to have a chance of winning this race.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
People like that are fools. But the tq curve on a FI car is much better at lower rpms than a NA car. If you own a cobra you should know this.

I DID know that. Let me dumb this down for you. I was saying it didn't make a HUGE difference since both cars were in the same gear. Pull whatever B.S excuse you have weather it's gearing or torque curves. If you are going to say the terminator had an advantage from a lower rpm roll (the same advantage it would have had if they had both gone from a dig) than that's great. It STILL would have lost in both situations. We're used to 5.0 excuses around here anyway.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Yeah, some guys are a little un-realistic about our cars. But, the 5.0 needed to be in 2nd to have a chance of winning this race.

It would have needed to be in 2nd and the Cobra be in 3rd to win. Sounds about right to me.

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I don't actually know, how many psi is a pullied 03/04 Cobra making? Regardless of what happened in this race, it sounds like the Cobra won. On the streets ANYTHING can happen!! I got pulled from a dig to about 60mph by a Porsche Cayenne Turbo the other day on a heavily salted down street by about a bus length!! Then on a roll of about 40 to about 110 I f'd him up bad!!

Why do so many people want to argue about the Cobra's vs 5.0's? Both badass cars, made by Ford? Besides, both will be put out to pasture when the 15+ Mustangs come out!!! lol

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I don't actually know, how many psi is a pullied 03/04 Cobra making? Regardless of what happened in this race, it sounds like the Cobra won. On the streets ANYTHING can happen!! I got pulled from a dig to about 60mph by a Porsche Cayenne Turbo the other day on a heavily salted down street by about a bus length!! Then on a roll of about 40 to about 110 I f'd him up bad!!

Why do so many people want to argue about the Cobra's vs 5.0's? Both badass cars, made by Ford? Besides, both will be put out to pasture when the 15+ Mustangs come out!!! lol

Lol. Put some side scoops on the '15 please.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Nice kill op. On the streets anything can happen. Some times you just cant be where you want to be when all hell breakes loose.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP. Im sure you've heard a million times already about the gear selection lol but we all live and learn man. Get video next time though.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

My 2.8" upper pulley only stock lower, makes 14psi. I could put my 2 cents in about why they wanna argue so much but I don't wanna stir the pot anymore. It's already pretty well mixed.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
All hail to the Cobra :bowdown:

hell yeah bro!!'

I can only imagine what its like to own the pinnacle of automotive excellence!

some day..some day....

hey shit, maybe when he gets twin turbos, he might, if hes lucky win that fender back,,,,maybe tho, that's asking to much already

OneSlowV

Established Member
Not gonna happen sorry to tell you that :) Like i said all hail the cobra :bowdown:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice win OP

Can't wait for the 2015...all that new technology and stuff....bet it is light years ahead of the old 2011 cars

nonliberal

Established Member
What makes the 45mph 3rd gear selection even worse than ever for the 5.0 is it's a Boss intake. Those have even less low end torque than the stocker.
He relies on RPMs and had none. Oh well, his loss your gain!! Good kill.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
This thread is full of failure and has a lot of bad information. As for a Boss 302 IM, from 1st hand experience Bama has no clue how to adjust the Ti-VCT in order to see a gain from that mod

I can also tell you that since they don't exactly understand how that process works, 5.0 that the OP raced wasn't told that he needs to be rev'ing to 7700+ rpm to maximize the time spent in the meat of the Boss 302 Powerband. a PD blower car in 3rd @ 45(Which might I add isn't ideal for your terminator either) is much easier to overcome running in too high of a gear simply because of how PD Blowers ramp in power over a NA car or a Centri/Turbo car. If people in this thread cannot understand this, you don't really belong around a car just to be honest. Just as a point of reference, being a 3.31 M6 car with a Boss 302 Mani. I Run 2nd gear out to 65 MPH give or take. 45 MPH in 3rd is roughly 2800-3200 rpm (3.31-3.73) These aren't 2V 4.6 cars. Not to discredit the OP, grats to you for winning the race. But Tune sucks and driver sucks if he truly was in 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread