Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
The shooter deserved to be shoved. I don’t think anyone is really arguing that they feel he didn’t deserve it. SHOULD someone actually do it? Sure, if they’re willing to deal with the potential consequences. You might make your point and “win,” but you could also be charged for assault, get your own ass kicked, or killed. Even if the other guy is in tne wrong, you’re still dead.

I think that’s the point that’s being made, or at least how I’m interpreting it.

THIS.

Was the shooter a dickhead? YES.
Was he playing parking cop? YES.
Do we settle our differences with physical altercations? "Sure, if they’re willing to deal with the potential consequences."

This isn't junior high, people. Everyone saying they'd also cross check some douche who was yelling at their wife... Are you ready to die for your "honor"? Perhaps it would be better for you to teach your kids a valuable lesson, avoid a physical altercation and head for safer ground?

In other words..."disgruntled white guy with history of anger issues shoots disgruntled black guy with history of anger issues." Walk Away next time... oops, too late. Trying to be a tough guy left some kids without their daddy.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... To me it looks like the black gent only started backing away after the gun was pulled. ...

Because that's how you want to see it. The guy was backing away before the killer even pulled his gun.

... This isn't junior high, people. Everyone saying they'd also cross check some douche who was yelling at their wife... Are you ready to die for your "honor"? Perhaps it would be better for you to teach your kids a valuable lesson, avoid a physical altercation and head for safer ground? ...

This is how a nation of cowards is born, people. And then people like this will want to rely on somebody else to protect their families when the shit hits the fan. If you're not ready or willing to die for your family, you SHOULD NOT have one!

In other words..."disgruntled white guy with history of anger issues shoots disgruntled black guy with history of anger issues." Walk Away next time... oops, too late. Trying to be a tough guy left some kids without their daddy.

What proof is there that the victim was disgruntled? Where's the proof that he had a history of anger issues?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll bet you $5 to $1 that every person in this thread saying the killer didn't deserve to be shoved are the same [type of] people who think they shouldn't suffer any repercussions from running their mouths at the wrong person. Basically, they want the right to be irate assholes and stand behind the protection of the law from a much deserved ass kicking.

What does the law say in regards to someone (not involved in the original incident) getting physical with an individual(s) "running their mouths" as you say?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
How's the fishin'?

upload_2018-8-14_6-12-15.png

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Because that's how you want to see it. The guy was backing away before the killer even pulled his gun.

This is how a nation of cowards is born, people. And then people like this will want to rely on somebody else to protect their families when the shit hits the fan. If you're not ready or willing to die for your family, you SHOULD NOT have one!

What proof is there that the victim was disgruntled? Where's the proof that he had a history of anger issues?

You're willing to die over a parking spot... That you ILLEGALLY parked in? I CCW daily. It's not so I can protect my family from my own stupidity.

Check earlier in this thread. Even a few posts earlier. The shooter allegedly threatened others with a gun. The dead guy had a record a mile long.

KEVINS

Established Member

You want to see what you want to see so right back at ya.. But, I will review the vid and see what I can see but it looks like the black gent was hovering over him until he started to pull out the gun at which point the black gent clearly started walking away before the shots were fired..

The black gent obviously had the same mentality that you do and look where he is now. Look at his family. Children now without a dad. Wife without a husband. How is this protecting his family? Those poor kids!! All b/c he couldn't simply walk away and had to prove something to himself...Yea he was real smart by proving to himself that he was a tough guy.

ks

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You want to see what you want to see so right back at ya.. But, I will review the vid and see what I can see but it looks like the black gent was hovering over him until he started to pull out the gun at which point the black gent clearly started walking away before the shots were fired..

The black gent obviously had the same mentality that you do and look where he is now. Look at his family. Children now without a dad. Wife without a husband. How is this protecting his family? Those poor kids!! All b/c he couldn't simply walk away and had to prove something to himself...Yea he was real smart by proving to himself that he was a tough guy.

ks

Sounds like you are trying to justify rape.

“See! That’s what happens, you want to go out dressed up like a whore and now you are crying because you got raped.”

Coiled03

Established Member
I'll bet you $5 to $1 that every person in this thread saying the killer didn't deserve to be shoved are the same [type of] people who think they shouldn't suffer any repercussions from running their mouths at the wrong person. Basically, they want the right to be irate assholes and stand behind the protection of the law from a much deserved ass kicking.

Let me guess, you think the police fall in this category, don't you?

robraySVT

Established Member
They were wrong, the man and his girlfriend, for parking in handicapped parking. Old white guy, who has a history of starting shit and running his mouth could of just let it go and all this would of never happened. He instigated the original conflict with no problem knowing he had a gun. This mother****er is a coward with a power trip. The minute it gets physical this bitch pulls out a gun. The law in Florida needs to be amended.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Defense will have all alleged prior confrontations and stories barred from court.

They will then show the victim escalated the situation and the defendant feared for his life.

Open-shut.

Do I agree with this outcome? Who cares, it's the legal system at work

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

KEVINS

Established Member
Sounds like you are trying to justify rape.

“See! That’s what happens, you want to go out dressed up like a whore and now you are crying because you got raped.”

Re-read my post. I wasn't justifying anything. I was posting the safest way to handle the situation..ie walking away. But because you disagree about the safest way to handle a situation you want to read RAPE into a comment about someone getting shot all to justify your preference of using brutality?? What kinda person are you???? That's friggen DISGUSTING!

ks

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member

And how YOU see it is almost certainly different than how the shooter saw things. Not really a good argument IMHO.

They were wrong, the man and his girlfriend, for parking in handicapped parking. Old white guy, who has a history of starting shit and running his mouth could of just let it go and all this would of never happened. He instigated the original conflict with no problem knowing he had a gun. This mother****er is a coward with a power trip. The minute it gets physical this bitch pulls out a gun. The law in Florida needs to be amended.

Shooter was charged with manslaughter.

What benefit would an amended law provide?

bglf83

Established Member
McGlockton's girlfriend says Drejka confronted her as she sat in the couple's car with two of their children because she was parked in a handicapped-accessible space. The girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, said Drejka was cursing at her. Video shows McGlockton then exited the store and shoved Drejka to the ground. Seconds later, Drejka pulled out a handgun and shot McGlockton as he backed away.

___

A Florida detective says a white man charged with fatally shooting an unarmed black man in a parking lot had threatened three other drivers previously.

Pinellas County sheriff's Detective George Moffett said in court records released Monday that a septic truck driver told him Michael Drejka threatened to shoot him and used racial slurs three months ago when the driver parked in the same handicapped-accessible parking space that victim Markeis McGlockton's family parked in on July 19.

Moffet also said that in 2012, drivers involved in two separate road-rage confrontations with Drejka said he pointed a gun at them. Moffet said that in one of the cases, the teen driver declined to press charges. In the other, the woman driver left the scene before the officer could get her information. The detective said that in both cases, Drejka denied pointing a gun but one was found in his car.

The Latest: Family of shooting victim pleased with charge
Do people around you guys just park in handicap spots if they are not handicap? Its not a normal thing I see around me.

blackfang

Established Member
Like i said before pages back and it looks like the DA agreed. If you place yourself in that position, you could be convicted. People have been convicted of crimes just like this because they created the situation. The guy who shot and killed his neighbors over being too loud because they had a gun and he was fearing for his life comes to mind. He thought his life was in danger, but the CD and SYG means nothing if you placed yourself in that situation creating the outcome.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
The more I look at it... The shooter had the opportunity to retreat prior to using his gun. Looks to be manslaughter at a minimum....I’m not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convicted of Manslaughter yesterday.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread