• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Really? This Qualifies For "Stand Your Ground"

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Booky, Jul 21, 2018.

1. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Once you understand the law. Everything else will follow. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean your right

2. me32

This isnt CA. Different laws apply in different states. No matter how you feel about it.

bglf83 likes this.
  3. me32

Maybe , maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  4. me32

Coward or not. Your still dead and your family no longer has you. Think before you act.

5. Booky

Booky Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here? Established Member

idontalways-say-something-stupid-but-when-i-do-ikeer-talking-13838516.png

Klay likes this.
  6. ZEN357

ZEN357 Active Member Established Member

Moral of the story...... Keep you hands of other people and if you aren't handicap you have no business parking in a handicap parking place. I'm NOT agreeing with the shooting though. It was WRONG and there was no need for someone to get shot and killed.

me32 likes this.
  7. Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake Well-Known Member Established Member

The real issue with the Sheriff’s POV is HIS interpretation of the law in FL. This is the problem since the SYG in FL is not as defined as other states. It does not necessarily mean the everyone including other LEOs will come to the same conclusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Booky

It really comes down to this: Conceal carry demands great RESPONSIBILITY.

When you conceal carry in public, you should avoid minor confrontations at all costs and NEVER EVER start any confrontations. End of Story.
    People like Drejka are nothing more than a coward with an attitude looking for confrontations so they can brandish their handgun and be the "big man on the block".
    People like him and others with his attitude are going to ruin it for responsible conceal carry gun owners.

JMO as a responsible conceal carry gun owner.

scott9050, GT Premi, Klay and 8 others like this.
  9. Ohio Snake

In this case, add in the presence of a mother and children of the victim at the scene......you get the sympathy factor and public outcry.

If the shooter does appeal the conviction, he has that hill to climb as well.

10. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Established Member

He DIDN’T apply his POV. The determination was made based on the facts. Don’t be mad at the sheriff, be mad at the law.

me32 and Blown 89 like this.
  11. ZYBORG

I don’t feel that when you conceal carry, you should give up your right to call out people in the wrong. No one should put their hands on you for speaking your mind. Whether you like what the other person is saying or not.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

me32 and Blown 89 like this.
  12. Ohio Snake

Yes....he did apply his POV which is HIS interpretation of the law. Im not mad at the Sheriff. The law and how it is written in FL puts LEOs into this position.

13. ZYBORG

We are gonna agree to disagree.

me32 likes this.
  14. Ohio Snake

15. Booky

Go ahead and call out every person that you feel is "in the wrong" while you conceal carry, from jay walkers to illegal parking/bad parking (over the lines), not using blinkers, following too close, cutting in line, using foul language in public, etc. and see how that ends up for you.

I agree 100% that no one has the right to put their hands on you for speaking up, but if you start enough confrontations, the odds are greater that it will end very badly for both of you.

Playing stupid games, win stupid prizes applies to people like Drejka also. Being dead sucks, but doing several years in prison and living the rest of your life as a Felon is no picnic either.

16. ZYBORG

Thank you for the guidance. Now that you have defined it for me, I will better know how to behave in public.

No one has the right to put hands on you for speaking. Period. Put your hands on enough people and you are gonna win the Russian lotto.

Blown 89 likes this.
  17. ZYBORG

First line into the article, I noticed them using “sheriff who chose not to arrest a WHITE gun owner who killed a BLACK man”..... Not reading that race baiting article. Sorry, but not sorry.

Of course... Let’s make it about race now.

MassCobra likes this.
  18. Booky

If a person feels the need to call out someone who is in the wrong, why can't they do it without a gun?

Drejka could have easily left his handgun in his vehicle and proceeded to confront the woman and her child that were parked in a handicap spot.

If you are not willing to confront people without your concealed handgun with you, you should not be confronting people at all.

GT Premi likes this.
  19. ZYBORG

That defeats the whole purpose of conceal carry.

Drejka could have left his handgun in his vehicle. Drejka could have also proceeded to get assaulted to the point of death.

You really think that the guy was going to stop, had Drejka not pulled out a hand gun?

Tell me you don’t see him inching forward after the shove, with his fists still clenched?

All it could have taken to kill or seriously injure Drejka was a good swift kick to the head, while he tried to get back on his feet.

If that was your dad, are you willing to roll the dice with his life? I’m sure as shit not.

All it takes is one good hit and you can **** someone’s life up.

20. ZYBORG

No one deserves to be assaulted.

If you think that assaulting an older weaker guy is justified because he hurt your feelings (or your wife’s) while voicing his opinion due to you pulling a punk-bitch move (parking on handicapped spaces), I give not two shits about your death.

Blown 89 likes this.