rear brake conversion...

Bruno

Established Member
Just came across some info I hadn't seen on the rear drum/disc swap. The Caddy Seville calipers are not self adjusting, you have to put the E brake on everytime you park otherwise it will eventually cause damage to the internals of the caliper..? This true?

Bruno

Established Member
The caddy Calipers are a part of a "poor man's" conversion kit for rear disc brakes on (fox) Mustangs. I had been aquiring all the pieces and ran across this bit of info on the calipers, wanted to check if someone knew about this "self adjusting" thing.

TcM-668

You might want to check out:

http://sn95brakes.cjb.net/

This guy has all there is to know about Mustang Brakes.

You are correct that certain cadilac calipers requier setting the Ebrake everytime.

I got my brake kit from Daves Mustang Parts, it was 795 for a 94/95 SN-95 front and back set. Bolted right into my 93 GT Conv.

Other than very soft brake pedal(and there are various fixes for that on the site above) , it works as advertised, but it does shove your wheels out an extra 1.5 inches. Not bad, but with my 17x9 Bullitt clone wheels, I wound up cutting tires on the fender lip.

If you go with the Ranger or Aerostar axles, you should be OK.

Am thinking about going to coilover shocks so I can raise it up a bit.

Good luck...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Bruno
The caddy Calipers are a part of a "poor man's" conversion kit for rear disc brakes on (fox) Mustangs. I had been aquiring all the pieces and ran across this bit of info on the calipers, wanted to check if someone knew about this "self adjusting" thing.

Sorry man. I didn't mean anything buy it. I was just taking a jab at Caddy. :beer:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Actually I read my post and saw how sarcastic it looked. That was not my intention, so I wanted to correct my error. Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. :D

I am thinking about changing my brakes on my 2001 GT. It has less than 6600 miles on it. If you'd be intrested in the ones I take off let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread