Rear Brake Upgrade?

SVT 03 Cobra

Has anyone upgraded the rear breaks yet? I'm wondering if I can go to a 4 piston front, and move the stock 2 piston to the rear. Will it just bolt up? or can I fab some brackets? I'm sure I'll need a proprotioning valve. Any help in this will be appreciated.

SVT 03 Cobra

This is from fords web site. I want to put the stock 2 piston on the rear and upgrade the front... is it possible, and economicle?

[Front: 13.0 in. (330mm) vented Brembo™ disc, PBR™ twin-piston caliper
Rear: 11.65 in. (296mm) vented disc, single-piston caliper
ABS: Four-channel, four sensor system]

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I did not change my calipers but I did change the rotors to Autospecialty Powerstop cross-drilleds and the pads to Raybestos organic pads. I think the rotors look cool and the pads don't let out the black dust like the factory ones did. Unfortunately the car does not stop as well as as it did with the factory pads. I guess this would not qualify as an upgrade, rather it is purely an expensive downgraded cosmetic change.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> change[d]...the pads to Raybestos organic pads...

Why did you choose organic pads over the BRUTESTOPs?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
The Raybestos PGD627, rear brake pads for the Cobra, were not available in either the Brutestop or Powerstop series. The only ones available at Kragen Auto Parts were the Professional Grade series. "Red color" paint covers the backing on the metal part of the pad. Looks cool, stops lousy!!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Hawk High Performance Street (HPS) brake pads are HB111.610 front, HB183.585 rear.

Users who are viewing this thread