Rear diff unlocking/binding??

RSKtakR

Established Member
So has anyone else had their rear end seem like its in a bind (like a locker would be) when going from a dead stop into a turn in 1st gear?? It feels like the diff ISNT unlocking and it has a slight shutter through the rest of the car.. is this just the clutch or how the IRS is now? I the PP car, my 2013 Boss had the same diff and it didn't do anything like this, but it wasn't IRS of course. My car only has 475 miles on it.

RSKtakR

Established Member
So nooooo one else has this problem.. at all?? I swear its like the diff doesn't unlock when turning somewhat slowly.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
It happens when its cold during tight slow turns for me. It's been reported by a lot of people over on 6G. I believe its normal.

RSKtakR

Established Member
It happens when its cold during tight slow turns for me. It's been reported by a lot of people over on 6G. I believe its normal.

me to.. it hasn't been warm enough here yet (over 60 degrees) for me to know if it doesn't happen when it warm out.. It drives me crazy though so I hope its normal.. My Boss that had the same center diff/gears (I think) never did it though.

gtmiller1001

Established Member
I'm in Houston, TX so it's not cold here much but I experienced the same thing when it has been cold enough. I'm in a PP manual.

Dadz500

Established Member
If it were just from the cold wouldn't it go away once all the oil and stuff is warmed up? My GTR makes all sorts of noises when cold (when hot too) but when she is cold you can hear the diffs, trans, tires, anything that moves basically. Once warmed up and all the fluids are hot it goes away as much as it ever will in that car.

RSKtakR

Established Member
that's kinda what I was thinking but it does it all the time... feels/sounds like I'm driving a looked or spooled rear end car. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't hear/feel anything of course, so the next time I go in I am going to take a tech for a ride and it will do it I'm sure just like it has always done.

Users who are viewing this thread