Rear End Wobble

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
So I recently changed out my rear end assembly and notice wobble at higher speeds. Seems like the entire rear end is being pushed from side to side. Once I left off the gas, it stops. Could it be suspension related, like the stock control arms having too much play? Or maybe an axle? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What year is your car? What year rearend did you install?
Did you use your OEM control arms, or were there ones on your newer rearend?

Last edited:

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
It’s a 2013 and the rear end was also off another 2013/2014. And I did use the OEM control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Yeah, but fortunately, I can avoid it by not driving in a crazy manner. It doesn’t happen every single time, but happening once is enough to raise worry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I am having a similar problem. Whenever i go wot the rear end pulls to the left (drivers side) so i have to let off the throttle. Seems to have only started happening after i installed the whiteline rear sway bar. I'm pretty sure i have the bar installed correctly but need to get under the car to check it again along with the bushings in my uca and lca's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Well, now that the thread has been poked out of its nap . . . I wonder if the reason was found. Or if there was any mechanical reason at all and it wasn't just some combination of PHB geometric and optical illusion effects.

Norm

Not sure if I had the same issue with the car from the video, but suspension was all tight, bushings in good shape. I ended up changing tires from pirellis to nittos and haven’t had the wobble since. Soft sidewalls? I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread