Rear ride height adjuster kit

e85svt

Established Member
Does anybody have any pictures of their cars with any of the available ride height adjusters? Steeda, upr, maximum motorsports. What spring height and rates are you running. Looking to lower the rear down on mine to get rid of sum of the wheel gap and have some adjustability.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I am running the Eibach R1 coil over kit. This kit in the rear uses an adjustable perch mount. What I've learned while experimenting with this setup is as follows:
  1. For lowering the car from 1.5" to 2.5" they work great. If you're lowering only 1", I don't recommend it. To maintain around 1-1.25" (or two finger wheel gap), you need a taller spring on the driver's side vs. the passenger side. This has been a thorn in my a$$ but I'm close to getting it right. Probably not as noticeable with progressive rate springs.
  2. I'm running linear rate springs in the back. 300lb/in x 8" long with 2.5" ID.
  3. That spring rate works well with the kit's adjustable rear dampers, which are set in the middle.
  4. The Eibach spring perch mounts don't fit perfectly over the lower isolators. I recommend pulling the lower isolators first, squishing them into the mount, then installing the mount and springs.
Just my .02.

Norm Peterson

Established Member
Does anybody have any pictures of their cars with any of the available ride height adjusters? Steeda, upr, maximum motorsports. What spring height and rates are you running. Looking to lower the rear down on mine to get rid of sum of the wheel gap and have some adjustability.
I'm running BMR's GT500 Handling springs, which are 220 lb/in rear. On my non-GT500 the rear was lowered by about 1-1/8".

That was too much for me, so I made up some spring spacers to take about half an inch out of that much lowering (ending up about 5/8" lower than stock). I've since added another 3/8 worth of spacing (should be only a quarter inch rear drop now), but I haven't had a chance to set the car back down on all four wheels yet (part way through a gears and Torsen installation).

Here's what it looked like lowered about half an inch up front and 5/8" out back. Tires are 265/40-18 and are 26.3" tall, so there's about 3/8" more tire to sheetmetal gap than if I was still running a 27"-ish OE tire size.

On BMR GT500 handling springs (rear shimmed, web).jpg

On BMR GT500 handling springs (rear as shimmed, web).jpg

Sorry about the poor contrast. I don't think I can fix that with Win10's photo editing app like I could with Win8.1.

Norm

Last edited:

e85svt

Established Member
So, just wanted to post an update on the car. Got the steeda ride height adjusters installed right pic is stock and the left is with them on. They are 10 in 150 lb springs in the rear only. The reason for this is because the car initially had an obnoxious rake where the rear was significantly higher than the front. The kit is definitely high quality for sure. Will probably get other suspension mods to complement however the car looks great now.
20201002_154727~2.jpeg
20190402_135214.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread