Rear Stabilizer Bar bracket for 99 cobra?

DarkRattle

Established Member
ftbr ..bruce can be PM'd

ac427cobra
I did, he said he doesn't have any :/
ok...I like to win...I'll keep looking..
thanks I don't know why it replied so many times, but cant I use stainless steel zip ties? I mean they have a tensile strength of 500 lbs. or a clamp?
yeah saw that one but there is NO WAY I'm paying $100 for some brackets.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Then you might as well go ahead and sell the car. Or go SRA. You haven't been able to find the brackets elsewhere. And no, you can't just use stainless steel ties. There's a lot of pressure on those components.

My point being you're going to have to pay to play. Can your other bracket be welded back together?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I would buy those brackets in 2 seconds if that was what it was going to take to get the car back on the road. Swapping to a 99/01 4V... random assed shit is pricey. $50 for an alternator bracket which is just a little piece of metal, $85 for a coolant crossover which is a metal tube... $150 for a ****ing throttle cable and another $65 for the throttle bracket.

Don't get me started on the IRS swap and the previous owner not telling me the damn rear diff mount was stripped and I had to pay $$$$ for the one Bruce makes. I mean his is an amazing quality piece but I'd have rather just used the OEM one for free that already had a poly bushing in it...

Consider yourself lucky you just need $115 of swaybar brackets.

DarkRattle

Established Member
ftbr ..bruce can be PM'd

ac427cobra
I did, he said he doesn't have any :/
ok...I like to win...I'll keep looking..
thanks I don't know why it replied so many times, but cant I use stainless steel zip ties? I mean they have a tensile strength of 500 lbs. or a clamp?
I would buy those brackets in 2 seconds if that was what it was going to take to get the car back on the road. Swapping to a 99/01 4V... random assed shit is pricey. $50 for an alternator bracket which is just a little piece of metal, $85 for a coolant crossover which is a metal tube... $150 for a ****ing throttle cable and another $65 for the throttle bracket.

Don't get me started on the IRS swap and the previous owner not telling me the damn rear diff mount was stripped and I had to pay $$$$ for the one Bruce makes. I mean his is an amazing quality piece but I'd have rather just used the OEM one for free that already had a poly bushing in it...

Consider yourself lucky you just need $115 of swaybar brackets.
my question is how did it break and how do I prevent it? It snapped in half, do I need polyurethane bushings?

Last edited:

DarkRattle

Established Member
I just realized I don't need the entire bracket, I just need that flat piece of metal with the bolt hole in it, as you can see in the ebay photo. Maybe I can get that CNCd, I'll get back on it.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I dunno, shouldn't break those brackets but these are older vehicles... wear and tear? Mine has an aftermarket bar with poly bushings and the OEM brackets that I assume are from 1999 are in good shape.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The reality is that these cars are pushing 20 years of age and that it is a type of vehicle that is generally rode hard and put away wet. Unless you are the original owner, or at least bought the car when it was low miles and bone stock, you have no idea what the history of it is. Alternators, believe it or not, are a wear item. The brushes wear out.

shurur

Established Member
Well your other broken bracket just needs that flat part, which looks easy to have made...so now you have two sets of sway bar brackets.

Now we all know who to PM should we need some!

Fords are great, parts are usually plentiful and car is not over engineered in design.

My other car is a 2002 Audi A4 (B6) 3.slow MT6...
The joke is: If it could be done with two moving parts, the Audi engineers would find a way to do it with three!!

BE GLAD!!

shurur

Established Member
BAFX OBDII blue tooth interface and torque app helps a lot too.
Great combo IMO.

DarkRattle

Established Member
The reality is that these cars are pushing 20 years of age and that it is a type of vehicle that is generally rode hard and put away wet. Unless you are the original owner, or at least bought the car when it was low miles and bone stock, you have no idea what the history of it is. Alternators, believe it or not, are a wear item. The brushes wear out.
of course I know that, it's well worth it, I bought the car for $6500, if I fix it ALL up basically new suspension and all + eaton swap I'm still looking less $ than a terminator with 50k miles so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread