Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Good shit, thx for sharing

I have a track pack GT as well. Just supercharged it and it breaks the tires loose pretty easy....last thing I want to do is break something from this thing trying to hook up and wheel hop. Plus it's no fun trying to do some skating but hoppin like crazy. :beer:

try03venom

Established Member
If you dial in the proper pinion angle with an adj upper control arm would you still benefit
from lower control arm relocation brackets?

13BremboGT

Established Member
If you dial in the proper pinion angle with an adj upper control arm would you still benefit
from lower control arm relocation brackets?

Pinion angle and the LCA brackets serve 2 separate functions. If you are lowered, get the brackets. If you are stock height (like my car), you can skip the brackets and just mount the upper arm in the lower position of the mount. Then set pinion angle.

mustang5o

Established Member
1) No fitment issues I know of with other suspesion parts!
2) A watts link and uca do 2 dfferent things!
3) uca keeps the up and down movement under control thus aiding in traction and wheel hop reduction.
4) A watts link keeps the entire axle centered through adverse situtions thus improving handling
A Watts link takes the place of a panhard bar and the panhard bar's brace. A Watts link allows side to side adjustements as well as ride height adjustments.
I have a watts link and uca with bracket with other goodies, and my car is totally transformed with a better ride, no wheel hop, straight line tracking under load, and corner handling!

Crap. This might be the way I want to go then. Extra NVH with your setup? I would like more details so maybe a PM?

I adjusted the pinion angle from a little over 2.5 to around 1.75 this afternoon and took it out for a drive. It is much quieter now. Even with the radio off and windows up, there isn't enough noise now to even bother me. :thumbsup:

That's good to know.

Yes.

I have a few customers, who have amazing sixty foot times with UCA/Mount, stock LCA and Relocation Brackets.

It really just depends on what you want to achieve, your budget, and how picky you are about NVH.

Please elaborate on which setup would be adding more NVH.

I haven't had any wheel hop issues after changing springs.

Details please. Which springs? Any other parts?

I just got my 2014 Track Pack car 11 days ago. The first thing I thought I was going to change was eliminating wheel hop. However, now I'm more annoyed by the bouncing I get on some roads. I was checking out these springs to just lower the back down a bit. On the forums there someone mentioned all they did was change the shocks and struts to Tokico D-Specs and that took care of the bouncing. So I thought maybe I'd get the 55D springs then some Tokico's but then I thought that the price would be close to whole Eibach Pro System Plus (non adjustable though).:??:

So what I'm looking for is a good every day driver (minimal added NVH) that will do decent at the drag strip and occasional track day on a road course. I guess I need to figure out the complete setup I want and then either pick a starting point or just save up for a while and get it all at once. Suggestions?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Well, my previous best was a 12.57, but the DA was right around 0. This past Sunday, my best was a 12.69 with 2200 DA. With the same air as my previous best, I would have definitely been faster. The car is MUCH more consistent now as well.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

That's good to know. I've put the LCA's and shocks in so that's my next move. I can't really feel the hop when I launch but it's audible on vids of my launches. I can't better than a 1.8 60 ft. with a 3.73 gear and 28 inch tires.

13BremboGT

Established Member

13BremboGT

Established Member
No bearing, although that thing does look awesome! Springs/shocks/struts/panhard will likely be next for me. Going to flog the car with the stock stuff at an SCCA event soon.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
First off...OP you are the man! Secondly...BMR Tech (Kelly) is the man! Can't wait to get all my new BMR shit next week! Launching the car and 1/2 shift feels like the apocalypse out back right now! That stock UCA is scary to say the least! Great thread!

13BremboGT

Established Member
Was you racing in the 1/8 mile? what's your times,speed,60ft time... cool video dude!

1/4 mile. ~12.6 @ 112 and 1.9x 60ft.

is the UCA the only suspension mod you did to fix the wheel hop issue?

I have lowers and upper. Lowers showed up in the mail first, so they went on before the upper came. With just lowers it still had some serious wheel hop, maybe just a little less than stock. The upper is what really fixed it, but I can't say for sure that just the upper and no lowers would do it. Other than that, my suspension is 100% factory.

13BremboGT

Established Member
did you the 5 gear shift? and is the uca noisy?

No, but I was hitting the rev limiter in 4th going across the line. Yes, the UCA adds a bit of noise. Not much, but noticeable. I've got 3.73s, which doesn't help. My current tune gives me another 350 rpm, so I shouldn't hit the limiter in current configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread