Reason #8452 why I hate people. Merry $^#I$% Christmas...

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You're absolutely right. The was proven when it was confirmed they had the packages, lied about having them, and only returned them after it appeared they were about to be in legal trouble.

Refresher in case you forgot.....

You don't know any of the circumstances pertaining to how they obtained said packages though. Now clearly you THINK you do but that doesn't mean you are correct in your assumptions. Someone returning a package doesn't mean they stole it nor had it at time of accusation.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
You don't know any of the circumstances pertaining to how they obtained said packages though. Now clearly you THINK you do but that doesn't mean you are correct in your assumptions. Someone returning a package doesn't mean they stole it nor had it at time of accusation.
C'mon many don't you know in 2017 you automatically jump to the worst possible scenario instead of rationally thinking?

_Snake_

Established Member

Per the tracking information, the packages were delivered to the OP's former residence.

I'm curious now. Explain how you think this all went down. How did the current occupants end up with the packages only AFTER the OP contacted the Post Office and Amazon?

_Snake_

Established Member
I understand.

You obviously don't. The information in the link you posted was designed to protect someone from fraud if they were promised one thing and billed / threatened for another. Or if they received something in the mail they didn't order and were being charged for it. It isn't applicable to a misdelivered package that's legitimately supposed to go to another party.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Per the tracking information, the packages were delivered to the OP's former residence.

I'm curious now. Explain how you think this all went down. How did the current occupants end up with the packages only AFTER the OP contacted the Post Office and Amazon?

Could they have brought in the package, not looked at the label and set it down? It is Christmas season and they could have been expecting a lot of boxes. When asked they assumed all the boxes they had were theirs. There are a myriad of scenarios where the people in question are not intending on being assholes.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
You obviously don't. The information in the link you posted was designed to protect someone from fraud if they were promised one thing and billed / threatened for another. It isn't applicable to a misdelivered package that's legitimately supposed to go to another party.
You just really don't want to answer my question, do you?

_Snake_

Established Member
Could they have brought in the package, not looked at the label and set it down? It is Christmas season and they could have been expecting a lot of boxes. When asked they assumed all the boxes they had were theirs. There are a myriad of scenarios where the people in question are not intending on being assholes.

I agree with this also. However, I'd go out on a limb and say the current tenants are assholes. They looked for the packages in question when the OP was at their door and still didn't know they had them? C'mon. Do you really believe they didn't look at the labels? I know if I receive something in the mail around this time of year it's most likely a gift. Either one I ordered and need to wrap or a gift to me from someone. If it's not a gift, it's something I ordered because I needed it. Either way, I can't think of a single time I haven't looked at the label and just tossed the box into the corner somewhere.

I think y'all should settle this with pistols at dawn.
If you both miss, at least one of you will freeze to death.

LOL

Not in FL!

You just really don't want to answer my question, do you?

I'm trying not to send you further down the wrong path. Your argument is already severely flawed.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I agree with this also. However, I'd go out on a limb and say the current tenants are assholes. They looked for the packages in question when the OP was at their door and still didn't know they had them? C'mon. Do you really believe they didn't look at the labels? I know if I receive something in the mail around this time of year it's most likely a gift. Either one I ordered and need to wrap or a gift to me from someone. If it's not a gift, it's something I ordered because I needed it. Either way, I can't think of a single time I haven't looked at the label and just tossed the box into the corner somewhere.

LOL

Not in FL!

We actually had about 20 Amazon boxes come during Christmas time for various presents to other people. One of the days my wife had collected three boxes off the front porch during a heavy snow. She didn't bother to check them as it was lunch time for the kiddos. I came home from work and noticed one of them was not to us, but to the former residents as we just moved in July.

There's a good chance the people (in OP's case) were sleazy, there's also a good chance they were dumb and didn't bother reading/caring, there's also a number of other possibilities. In OP's case they did bring it back which indicates that they at least care a tiny tiny bit. They could have easily told Amazon and USPS or whoever contacted them that they never received it and further action would not have been taken.

_Snake_

Established Member
When will you answer my question?

As soon as you’re able to understand why the information you posted isn’t relevant to the OP’s situation.

Which means we’ll probably be here a while.

Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
As soon as you’re able to understanding why the information you posted isn’t relevant to the OP’s situation.

Which means we’ll probably be here a while.
I think you're afraid. It's a simple yes or no question. Go ahead, you can do it.

Or, are you gonna take your ball and go home?

_Snake_

Established Member
I think you're afraid. It's a simple yes or no question. Go ahead, you can do it.

Or, are you gonna take your ball and go home?

Lol

Afraid of what? Wasting more time trying to get you to understand?

Which is true.

Go do some research on the info you posted and get back to us. An answer to your question won’t be necessary at that point.

Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Lol

Afraid of what? Wasting more time trying to get you to understand?

Which is true.

Go do some research on the info you posted and get back to us. An answer to your question won’t be necessary at that point.
I laughed.

I don't really think you're afraid. You know the answer, you're smart like that. And you know that I know the answer too, huh? :D

_Snake_

Established Member
I laughed.

I don't really think you're afraid. You know the answer, you're smart like that. And you know that I know the answer too, huh? :D

I’m not sure what just happened so I’m gonna keep acting tough until I figure it out. Lol

Were you fishing?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread