Rebuild cobra r brakes

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Time for a cheap rebuild, pistons are locking up on my driver side caliper.

Anybody done a rebuild on the 4p Brembo cobra r kit? How easy was it? I watched YouTube vids and it looks like a cake walk. Mine are old from 2006. I’ll rebuild both since I’ll have the tools out.

I will go bigger brakes when I get bigger wheels. I want to do the 4p 14” kit from ftbr but my current 13” brakes barely fit in my current wheels.

94slowbra1

Established Member
no experience with the r kit but i did rebuild the 4p 14" brembo kit. didnt need a rebuild but i pulled them apart to powder coat so i figured why not. judging by your current cars mods id say you have nothing to worry about, just dont nick the pistons or the walls. take your time and label what goes where

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^cool thank you for the feedback and information.

I’m pretty confident the rebuild will be a cakewalk, but I need to find a complete kit and get after it

GodStang

Established Member
Never done a Cobra R set either but have done brake calipers before and yes in general its pretty easy.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Very easy. Not really much more involved than any other caliper. If you break them apart, do not lose the small o-ring inside that seals the fluid passage. Some say they can be coated while both halves are together, some say they need to be split. Mine were coated silver probably 7+ years ago and still look great.

If you need parts, the complete list is in this section---> Brakes & Wheels

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I got my kit off of eBay. Just ordered the Focus caliper rebuild kit from a company in England. I'll be taking them apart for powder coating in about a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread