Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Are u sure this is a good idea man? I mean... u gotta also figure what YOUR TIME is worth. Plenty of runners out there for decent deals......... unless this is a learning experience its a terrible idea.
I'm doing this as a learning experience. If I wanted a roller to just drop an engine into it and go I would have saved up and done that. I chose this car so I could learn how to work on it and how to build it. It's about time people on here understand that.

If I want to something easy I would have had a nice clean title roller.

I want to learn how to do all of the necessary work to rebuild this car. I have a team of friends who know how to do this stuff that are willing to walk me through the process.

This car is for me to learn every step of the way.

If it was to flip or something like that yes, it would be a bad idea but I never intended to sell the car as it will be so uniquely mine no one else would want it.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’ve got to admit. After hearing all of the feedback you’ve been given to give up on this lengthy process you’ve stuck to your guns. Which if we are being honest I think this is a long shot, and will indeed take you quite sometime. you’ve got my respect for that, or my nod of approval. However you know what I support the hustle, I’ll be following this for sure. You’ve got an itch to rebuild someone else’s throw away. I can appreciate you saving a cobra.

dan1982

Established Member
I’ve got to admit. After hearing all of the feedback you’ve been given to give up on this lengthy process you’ve stuck to your guns. Which if we are being honest I think this is a long shot, and will indeed take you quite sometime. you’ve got my respect for that, or my nod of approval. However you know what I support the hustle, I’ll be following this for sure. You’ve got an itch to rebuild someone else’s throw away. I can appreciate you saving a cobra.
i think he will get someone pregnant and....................................... he will no longer be making decisions. ha.

justbob

Sick speed toy
Established Member
As someone who has spent his whole life struggling with ADD and a 20 year old son with bad ADHD, I know all to well your struggles if you aren’t getting the right medication or more importantly the CORRECT DOSE.

This is a serious hurdle in life and I wish I didn’t wait so long to get help. Reading through this I can assure you aren’t adjusted correctly or you need to start your typing before it’s worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
20221211_130719.jpg
20221211_130716.jpg

My partner in crime came over and we worked on looking at the truth condition of the trunk. After removing some paint we found 2 small pin holes. We plan to just put a small patch in or just add some metal with a MIG or TIG welder. The metal isn't cracked it is the lip from the seem sealer if I'm not mistaken.

Got everything out of the interior so we are also going to pull the sound insulation up in order to put new down.

I plan to take the solid rear axle out from under the car today if it is at all possible.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
So after removing some paint you found two small pin holes. You should remove some more paint and ensure that you don't have any other pin holes to fix.
We are going to fix them, however not yet. The paint is actually just a temporary primer as I'm still trying to find a good welding setup at a semi reasonable price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is actually not a bad idea at all, being it is basically a shell. Assuming it has no deep rust as the owner believes, media blasting it would get rid of all the surface rust. And IF there is deeper rust it will be easier to find. I wonder how much time that shell has been exposed to the elements.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
I dropped the subframe so the car was up I'm the air, the under side of the car is amazing. It looks nearly brand new. I will say the white primer needs to have paint over it. I didn't release primer will let rust come back if it's in the elements. I need to take a flashlight and put it in the trunk with the lights off to check for more pin holes.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Ended up seeing a parts lot on Facebook and picked it up. I plan to drive my Cobra all the time so some will be spare parts.

6008-2RS1/C3 Rear hub bearing x2

6007-2RS1/C3: Front hub bearing x1

Black fuel door

Stock input shaft

Oil Filter Adapter Gasket x2

O rings x18

Convertible master window switch x2

Supercharger gasket x1

Intake manifold gasket x1

Sensors x8

Resonator x2

XL3V 9H465-AA Supercharger bypass solenoid x1