Recaro seat recline and returning to previous position

merkyworks

Established Member
Trying to figure out if my Recaro's are broken or if this is normal.

The recline knob located on the back of the seat near the top is used to allow easy access to the back seat area. I thought this knob would work like on older cars; disengage seat back allowing it to pivot forward and then return the seat back to the exact recline angle it was previously in.

However mine do not do this, the recline knob located on the back of the seat near the top acts exactly like the recline lever located on the bottom side of the seat. It does not return the seat to the previous recline angle so then I end up hunting for the exact angle I had before which is a real pain. Is this normal?? :(

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I have a piece of black vinyl tape on the seat base cover and another on the seat back. When they line up, I've got my angle. Same with fore and aft. One piece on the seat base cover and one on the track cover. Virtually invisible unless you know they're there.

Steve

merkyworks

Established Member
I have a piece of black vinyl tape on the seat base cover and another on the seat back. When they line up, I've got my angle. Same with fore and aft. One piece on the seat base cover and one on the track cover. Virtually invisible unless you know they're there.

Steve

Great idea! Thank you

jfried

Established Member

Steve

I just don't let people sit behind me.

Imatk

Established Member
They're broken... horribly horribly broken but I will take them off your hands and fix them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread