Recommend a cell phone

Never_Enough

Established Member
Dropped my phone & cracked the screen today so new phone time!
It's a Droid Turbo. I am only interested in an Android phone. Would like to get another Motorola or perhaps a Samsung. Looking for something with comparable, or better, battery life (3900 mAh) and camera.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
HTC U11 was just announced and it looks great. Not sure when it hits stores yet.

Samsung S8 is well liked so far.

Google Pixel XL is still a solid choice.

RES0574

Established Member
I hate my Pixel XL. It is a piece of junk. Constant issues with Bluetooth, sync with my F350, random qwerks, battery life is dropping. If the Note 7R were to hit the stores here in the US tomorrow morning, I would be the first in line. I am tempted to go back to my Kyocera Brigadier that I had to switch to after the ban on Note 7's.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I am still rocking a Note 4. They can be found pretty cheap on eBay for new ones. Having a removable battery is nice. Especially when a spare oem battery is like 10 bucks.

Was using the Note 7 until the recall debacle. I would likely grab one up as well pretty quick if they release them before the 8 is announced.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lastcall190

Established Member
I had an LG g2 prior to my current g5. I have always been a fan of my LG phones and the removable battery of the g5 is nice. I would imagine the g6 is even better. Its not the latest and greatest but does what I need and runs quickly.

-J

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I personally upgraded to an S8 from an S7. The S7 wasn't bad, but the S8's just faster and smoother in every way.
Could you note a few of the specific differences? Especially "smoother in every way". I will be upgrading my phone around September and will be considering an S8.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went with an S8 Plus, came from a Note 5. I love it. I couldn't be happier.

The biggest thing for me is how fast the processor is, followed by battery life, followed by the camera.

The processor in the S8 is phenomenal. I'm sure it'll slow down some in a year or so, but right now it's the fastest phone I've had...and that's with the bloatware still loaded.

The battery life lasts all day for me, and I'm on my phone from 4:30am-8pm, every day. The battery also will completely charge in about 2 hours from 0%.

I believe my Note 5 had a higher MP camera, but the S8 takes much better pictures.

I'm thoroughly impressed, and it takes a lot for me to get excited about a phone.

EDIT: @CobraBob I just saw your post. Hopefully this sheds a little light.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I went with an S8 Plus, came from a Note 5. I love it. I couldn't be happier.

The biggest thing for me is how fast the processor is, followed by battery life, followed by the camera.

The processor in the S8 is phenomenal. I'm sure it'll slow down some in a year or so, but right now it's the fastest phone I've had...and that's with the bloatware still loaded.

The battery life lasts all day for me, and I'm on my phone from 4:30am-8pm, every day. The battery also will completely charge in about 2 hours from 0%.

I believe my Note 5 had a higher MP camera, but the S8 takes much better pictures.

I'm thoroughly impressed, and it takes a lot for me to get excited about a phone.

EDIT: @CobraBob I just saw your post. Hopefully this sheds a little light.
Does the S8 have some sort of turbocharger like my Turbo has? I love being able to charge the phone in 15 minutes or less.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Pixel XL. amazing phone
Some folks seem to love it & others hate it. What makes it amazing? Verizon wanted well over $400 for it + my phone. I can't justfy that for any cell phone. I wonder if I should just get a Turbo 2 off Swappa or something.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does the S8 have some sort of turbocharger like my Turbo has? I love being able to charge the phone in 15 minutes or less.

Yes. With the screen off it has a "fast charge" feature. It will easily charge 20-30% in 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread