Recommend me a good code reader gents!

mcaligiuri

Established Member
Autel mx808

Autel mx808 on jbtools.com is $380 which is the cheapest I have found and has a one year free updates. All makes/models and reads all modules. Some tests and programming also. Worth the $$

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the 4r70e in my 2004 f150 has started acting up and occasionally shows "TRANS_FAULT" on the dash. i hooked my SCT up to it but it shows no DTC's, so i guess i'm going to need a code reader for ford automatic transmissions.

are there any specifically for that?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Maybe try a parts store to sacn.

My hand tuner did the same thing, just not made for it.

Times are changing, wonder if the cheap models do all this now.
Like harbor fright/walmart

Bosch I had paid alot for ,being it did some ford on demand testing..

Also. Is the cluster capable of self testing ..

OX1

Established Member
is it just for Fords? If so and you have a laptop run the free version of Forscan with the cable on amazon for around $30. Forscan is a hell of a diagnostic tool, even on older Fords that dont have a bunch of BCM stuff you can play with

FORSCAN also does live data I believe (not sure on datalogging the live data though).

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Forscan is the way, they have a phone app as well if you don't want to set it up on a laptop.

the 4r70e in my 2004 f150 has started acting up and occasionally shows "TRANS_FAULT" on the dash. i hooked my SCT up to it but it shows no DTC's, so i guess i'm going to need a code reader for ford automatic transmissions.

are there any specifically for that?

Most basic parts store scanners can only read engine trouble codes, you need something a little more advanced to read other modules like abs/trans stuff. The handheld tuners only show engine faults as well. As mentioned above, Forscan has access to all modules on a Ford so it will pull trans codes.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Forscan is the way, they have a phone app as well if you don't want to set it up on a laptop.

Most basic parts store scanners can only read engine trouble codes, you need something a little more advanced to read other modules like abs/trans stuff. The handheld tuners only show engine faults as well. As mentioned above, Forscan has access to all modules on a Ford so it will pull trans codes.

that looks really good i appreciate it man

Users who are viewing this thread