Recommendations needed for BMW performance shop in Midwest

IA Shelby

Established Member
Looking for a performance shop in the Midwest to work on E46 BMW M3.

thanks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got you covered.

Chicane Motorsports
(833) 722-3267
883 N Jan Mar Ct, Olathe, KS 66061

Ask for Brad Perkins and tell him Nick Anderson sent you. He's a great dude, does awesome work that he stands behind, and is a huge track rat.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Got you covered.

Chicane Motorsports
(833) 722-3267
883 N Jan Mar Ct, Olathe, KS 66061

Ask for Brad Perkins and tell him Nick Anderson sent you. He's a great dude, does awesome work that he stands behind, and is a huge track rat.

Thanks Nick. I appreciate your recommendation.

Sean

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Metric Mechanic Inc – BMW Performance Engines, Transmissions, Differentials & Custom Parts - Metric Mechanic

I visited their shop back in the early 90's. I have heard great things about them. While I don't have personal experience as a customer, I suggest you at least check them out and see if they can fulfill your needs.

Back when I was into 80's BMW's I read hit or miss things about this place. I think in the 80's and 90's they were real popular and well known but over time I guess they overgrew. I've also seen people talk about how the quoted HP/TQ figures and flow rates for the engines & heads they advertise are stretching the truth to put it lightly.

Metric Mechanic 3700 - MyE28.com

metric mechanic is really for the vintage stuff though, they wouldn't be on my mind for something like an E46.

Kornilov

Established Member
For what its worth, Im local to them here in KC, andI hear a ton of stuff about Chicane and its all good.

By the way, if Nick gives a thumbs up on a place, I have zero hesitation trusting it.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Back when I was into 80's BMW's I read hit or miss things about this place. I think in the 80's and 90's they were real popular and well known but over time I guess they overgrew. I've also seen people talk about how the quoted HP/TQ figures and flow rates for the engines & heads they advertise are stretching the truth to put it lightly.

Metric Mechanic 3700 - MyE28.com

metric mechanic is really for the vintage stuff though, they wouldn't be on my mind for something like an E46.

I don't think one thread from one website 14 years ago should be a basis for one's decision.

I have no skin in this, but they do a lot of interesting work and have decades of experience. Whether they work on newer stuff, I don’t know; but again, it's worth a phone call.

No matter the business, some customers will never be happy/satisfied.

I am not vouching for them, just offering an option.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For what it's worth, I'm local to them here in KC, and I hear a ton of stuff about Chicane and it's all good.

By the way, if Nick gives a thumbs up on a place, I have zero hesitation trusting it.
This, and this!

Users who are viewing this thread