Recommended Roush Dealers?

mikengail

Established Member
Just lost the fully loaded '12 Coyote 'Vert in my sig. My fault. 1st accident in my life. Just me and no injuries other than a bruised ego.

Looking to possibly replace it with a similarly configured '15, but thinking of having a couple of Roush options dealer installed and making this all one transaction with a warranty. I already have two local dealer quotes, one Roush and the other not. There's another local Roush dealer who just won't give me an email quote. Weird. Also, the non Roush dealer seems the most motivated and has a very good reputation with the local performance crowd, both sales and service.

Anyway, I was considering additional quotes from out of state and thought I would ask around this forum. I'm not averse to traveling long distance for a good deal. I bought my wife's Shelby in Rhode Island. Besides, a potential new job for me and a career change for the wife means we will likely be moving again.

Do any of you know of or have heard of a good Roush dealer? I'm looking at ordering the base car and having the dealer install the Roush/FRPP Supercharger Kit and the FRPP Upgrade Half-Shafts Kit, prior to delivery. Of the two quotes that I already have, they're really killing me on the Roush additions. Interestingly, I can get both kits shipped free from AutoNation Ford for $5895 and $1500 respectively, but I lose the warranty. I have both X-Plan and the USAA discount plan. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

MNCobra

Established Member
John Trischler @ Ray Skillman in Greenwood Indiana 317-885-9800..i bought 3 Roush's from him and my Shelby...

mikengail

Established Member
This has been an interesting experience helped by the fact that I'm in no big hurry. I solicited 9 local and regional Roush authorized Ford dealers and 6 eventually responded with detailed quotes. The 3 others responded that they would, but never did despite repeated requests. I wanted to know the MSRP, Sale Price, 2 specific dealer installed Roush/FRPP options price, dealer document fee(s) and any other miscellaneous fees not including tax, tag and title. In view of the 2 dealer installed options, I also wanted at least a 3/36 power train warranty. I have both X-Plan and the USAA Discount Plan, so I asked them to use whichever worked best. Plus, I was eligible for both the $500 Ford Customer Cash Rebate and the $500 Ford Military Appreciation Rebate, which were figured into all the quotes.

I was looking for a customer ordered '15 GT Premium 'Vert A6 loaded to the point of $48450 MSRP. The only Roush/FRPP dealer installed options that I wanted was the 627hp TVS Supercharger Kit and the the Upgrade Half-Shafts Kit all with the 3/36 power train warranty. The retail on those 2 kits are $6895 and $1895 respectively shipped free without installation. The 2 best quotes I received were, surprisingly to me, both in-state at $54235 and $54531. That sounds like a good deal, I think, for a loaded comfortable pony car capable of low 11 second 1/4 mile times and 25 highway mpg all with a warranty. Better than a comparably equipped ZL1 or Hellcat and much better than my wife's '14 Shelby.

I built a little spreadsheet for easier comparisons and thought I would share some of the individual quote details. The installed price range on the TVS Kit was anywhere from $6895 to $9945. The installed price range of the Upgrade Half-Shafts Kit was $1295 to $2150. Sale Price of the car itself ranged from $45436 to $46345, a discount of only anywhere from 6.2% to 4.3%. Dealer document fees ranged from $75 to $150 and any extra fees ranged from $0 to $51. Two of the dealers added a charge for the 3/36 power train warranty of $795 and $995. The rest of the dealers built the added warranty price into their installation quotes for the 2 Roush/FRPP options.

I lost my similarly configured '12 or I wouldn't be shopping for a '15 at all. My fault "totally", double entendre intended. I'm retired and, if I don't get another job soon, then I'll look for a loaded '11-'14 A6 instead and put the VMP from my '12 on it. I bought back my '12 and will be salvaging it myself. I've already found a couple of low mileage Premium 'Vert A6's under $29k, one a '12 and another a '13 C/S.

Just thought some of you might find this interesting, especially for those of you looking for a car equivalent to or faster than all of the other top shelf factory muscle cars with a warranty. Of course, a less optioned coupe and/or stick version of my configuration could potentially get one into the high 40's fairly easily, I would think. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
Roush

Hi,
I'm looking for a Roush authorized installer in New England to do a stage -1 tvs kit with warranty
Thanks

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
warranty

The Roush warranty has changed from 3yr/36k to 5 years/60k miles but your car must have less than 5,000 miles on it. I'm possibly going to use saybrook ford for the install

dtd01svt

Established Member
Montrose Ford in Akron, Ohio is looking to move their stock of Roush Mustangs. Stage1,2 and 3. Just an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread