Redline Accessories parking brake boot... got mine installed (lots of pictures)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Yes, it is quite an old thread. I went in and edited all the LINKs I put in my replies. My URL had changed ... :banana:

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Did you guys do the velcro method described at the beginning of this thread or something else? Was it easy pulling up the center console?

edit: Thanks Dano for updating your pics. I bookmarked your webpage so I can follow your directions when I install mine. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Did you guys do the velcro method described at the beginning of this thread or something else? Was it easy pulling up the center console?

edit: Thanks Dano for updating your pics. I bookmarked your webpage so I can follow your directions when I install mine. Thanks again!

Well, considering I'm the one that started the thread ;-) Yeah, I used the velcro method.

It's super easy to pull the center console. I could have it out in about 2 minutes.

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
I just ordered black with black stitching for my all black interior for $65.77 with free shipping.. Nothing fancy here. Should ship out Friday, so hopefully I can have them in soon. I'll probably install LEDs for the HVAC controls while I do so.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive guys.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
$65.77 ? The price must have gone up ... mine was about $40.00

I know you'll like the looks and feel of the new boot. :dancenana:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I ordered the replacement rubber sleeve from mustang unlimited $14. Mine is only tore a small amount but it drives me nuts.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Good luck.

I originally tried to go the stock replacement rubber sleeve route and wound up with the shift boot because of how the stock rubber sleeve fastens to the center console - melted plastic tabs. Makes replacing it nearly impossible. I don't know how anyone could have been so daft...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
This looks like a good idea here..

question.. on the ebrake boot,do you have to ask to get the bottom half a different color? cuz ide just liek to go for a solid color with colored stitching...

and there are custom fit ones? I have a tri-ax shifter.. but based on SVT Venom ill just go with 96 cobra fit.

and anyone see there armrest cover? (ide in the longrun like to go with black interior instead of tan so, why not get it all in one shot)

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
For both boots? Lucky :whine:

Weird.. I just ordered mine today.. Paid $69 shipped for both boots...

Black with Silver Stitching.. I can't wait for it to get here... As soon as its in, my interior will be FINALLY done...

I won't post any new pics till then, but you guys will love it..

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
I was on vacation but they arrived while I was away. I'll need to pick up a few things like a dremmel tool and some 3m velcro tape, but pics soon to follow!

I got a 5% discount because I used an expired discount code. :p

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Ugh! Man, it took me a while to get the center console out because I didn't have the ebrake pulled up high enough. It took some serious force to get it up that high. I had to rip out the rubber flaps and tear through the plastic pieces holding it on to get it out, but it's out and I'll dremel the studs out tomorrow. I ended up damaging the ebrake handle a little bit in the process, but it's no big deal.

How did you guys do the shift boot? Did you end up tearing out the metal bracket to remove the stock one?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
lol.. I've had mine in and out 4 times this week.. But you have to bottom out the parking brake which does require some force lol..

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I wasn't going to tear out the console so I used double sided 3m tape.

SO FAR - a little bit on the parking brake boot came off - but it is still solid after multiple cleanings!

The shift boot - yes I removed the metal POS. Some plastic tabs broke off, whatever. I 3med the outside of the shift boot (enough so I still had slack) RIGHT to the plastic base.

Never had a single issue with it. PERFECT. I just didn't want to do the Velcro unless I had the console out. To each his own though.

I swear to god I will get new pictures up someday. It's been 2 years!

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Alright! You'll have to mind the blog page at the moment, it's going through some changes. RedlineGoods Shifter and E-Brake Boot « Vernal Groove

Thanks Tabres and Dano for the pictures and tips! They were life savers.

Before:
redlinebefore.jpg

After:
redlineafter.jpg

If you guys want to get your own set and save 5% you can follow this link. Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Does anyone have more pics with the brake down.. My boot seems too tight and won't let it the handle go down all the way without looking kinda funny??

Users who are viewing this thread