Relocation Complete

Husky44

Established Member
As you can see to the left, my location has changed on the forum, and on the earth. Arrived last night in Vero Beach, FL, where we will be living, at least for a while. :shrug:

This completed a 5000 mile journey from Eagle River, AK. Wife and I left AK on 8/30, and drove the whole way. I drove the Shelby for about 10 miles, then convinced her that she and I would both be happier if she drove it, and I drove my Excursion pulling the trailer with my 67 on it. Shelby rolled over 13k on the trip, and we celebrated my 1 year anniversary of ownership while on the road (9/11). She's got a few rock chips, and definitely needs a good detail, but the trip was relatively uneventful. Average mpg if anyone cares was 21, running mostly 75 once we got in the US, and 65 in the hinterlands.

Picked up my suspension kit at the brother-in-laws where Van shipped it for me back during the Memorial Day sale. Now I need to get busy installing it... maybe next week. Also time to buy tires. In answer to a question from an earlier post: 13k is about all the OEMs are good for... and that's stretching it. MPSS, here I come!

Also need a new air filter, and since I already have the tuner, I'm about half way to a 13-6 kit...:pepper:

Then it's time to stop modding the Shelby and finish the 67 so it's ready for the 50th celebration in April.

Looking forward to getting to know more people in person, now that we're on the same part of the continent. Holler if you're in my neck of the woods--er palm trees.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, what a move! Good taste in vehicles I might add also.

BCPD199

Established Member
As you can see to the left, my location has changed on the forum, and on the earth. Arrived last night in Vero Beach, FL, where we will be living, at least for a while. :shrug:

Looking forward to getting to know more people in person, now that we're on the same part of the continent. Holler if you're in my neck of the woods--er palm trees.

Congrats on the move, although you don't sound happy by the shrug icon. You and I have talked in the past on the TeamShelby site. I'm a little further North from you in Palm Coast. I think you'll like here. I know I've found paradise since moving from New Joisey! Plus, they didn't have palm trees where you came from!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Did you have any type of protection on your H/E or radiator?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to America! Going to be a big change from up there in cold Canada I would imagine.

By the way, that has got to be one of the longest NW to SE trips possible in 'Merica.

reason4treason

Established Member
glad to hear you guys made it safely.

welcome to the summer of never-ending rain. I was here for 4 weeks in July and almost every single day it rained. hardly even got much of a tan. in Jupiter for a week and a half now again for another short vacation and same thing. but the rain is like 80-something degrees which for sure beats the hell out of the fact that it's almost time for snow in Alaska.

you should be in for a great winter here with the GT500 but you're gonna have to get some skills at dodging the condo commandos and aged Yankee drivers.

raustin0017

Established Member
Welcome back to the Lower 48! I lived in Anchorage 87-94 and we also drove all the way to Charleston AFB, SC. Beautiful trip and lots of memories along the Alcan Hwy.

Husky44

Established Member
Congrats on the move, although you don't sound happy by the shrug icon. You and I have talked in the past on the TeamShelby site. I'm a little further North from you in Palm Coast. I think you'll like here. I know I've found paradise since moving from New Joisey! Plus, they didn't have palm trees where you came from!

Shrug icon is because I said I'd never leave AK when I retired from the Army and moved back up there 7 years ago. Bought the house we were "going to die in." That lasted 5 years. Took us 2 to get things lined out, but I am ecstatic to be here. As a friend of mine always said, "I'm livin' the dream!", but there's no sarcasm in my statement. I am blessed to be spending the next 9 months housesitting for a friend in paradise. I just never say what the future brings-that's why I said "for a while :shrug:"

Let's run Daytona Speedway in December! You'll never forget it!

Be careful what you invite me to! I'm definitely interested- can I play in my vert without a rollbar? I want to try to do some road course stuff now that I'm down here where they exist.

No protection on h/e or rad. Lots of bugs, a few tweaked fins on h/e. Car definitely will never be a show car now, but I never intended it to be.

MNCobra

Established Member
nice road trip...pretty extreme, as far as weather change goes, for you but I am sure you will be happier being able to enjoy your rides for more then a couple months of the year...good luck in your new adventure...

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Welcome to Sunny Florida ! Time to put some fans on your H/E if you do not already have them....

aksvt

Established Member
WOW, Alaska to Florida! Just about as far as you could go and still stay in the USA! I guess one less Shelby on the road up here, hope the move works out well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread