Remove Kenne Bell Mammoth Blower

lucheski

Established Member
Any ideas how to remove the KB Mammoth Blower? I can't seem to get any bolts that are under the intake and the fuel rail blocks access to the 4 bolts holding the blower plate to the intercooler. Fuel rail bolt is also under neath the huge mammoth intake

20181104_154450_zps1jp7i1cl.jpg

D-MANN

Established Member
You can get the installation manual from KB if you call them. They may charge you for it. You can also message godstang or juiced46 for their help. Juiced46 did a write up years ago on svtp on a 2.8 mammoth install. Also stangaholic280 did a write up years ago. He also has a video on his start up on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
I a running the 3.6L so it is a bit different but I removed the fuel rail bolts to lean the rail forward and then used universals and extensions to get to blower to plate bolts. Also speed wrenches work miricles. Remember unlike the other blowers the mammoth bolts to a plate and then the plate bolts to the intake. Remove the blower from the plate first.

IMG_2690.JPG

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
I have fore fuel rail which completely covers the blower-to-plate bolts. I was able to remove the front fuel rail bolt but the rear fuel rail bolt is still securely attached underneath the mammoth intake. It would be possible to reach this bolt from the rear but not the front or the side. I will probably end up dropping the motor, pulling the heads and get them built. I have what appears to be broke a SECOND Brian Tooley Valve Spring. Luckily the valve didn't drop. I need to remove the driver side valve cover to be sure which is why I need to remove the huge mammoth intake to pull the valve cover

GodStang

Established Member
I have fore fuel rail which completely covers the blower-to-plate bolts. I was able to remove the front fuel rail bolt but the rear fuel rail bolt is still securely attached underneath the mammoth intake. It would be possible to reach this bolt from the rear but not the front or the side. I will probably end up dropping the motor, pulling the heads and get them built. I have what appears to be broke a SECOND Brian Tooley Valve Spring. Luckily the valve didn't drop. I need to remove the driver side valve cover to be sure which is why I need to remove the huge mammoth intake to pull the valve cover

Sorry to hear that man. For the back fuel rail bolt we used a tiny speed wrench and just backed it out. took a few clicks but got it done decently quickly.

GodStang

Established Member
I'm glad I went 2.65 but I have always liked this KB design. Its why I would have gone 2.8 over 2.9 if the bigger TVS hadn't come out.

Ya to each their own. One you get the rhythm down and tools lined up it takes no time at all to remove. Sub 30 mins. When I was custom fitting the 3.6L we had to install it and remove it 50 times to design parts and get it to clean up right. I had the 2.8L but long maxed that thing out.

Users who are viewing this thread