Removing my wing - help

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
I am removing my wing today, recruited my best friend to help me just in case i have to revert to just yanking it off.

The cobra r wing is glued on as well as bolted on..i undid the bolts and after jiggling it it shows movement and has some give but still wont just come off.

Any ideas to getting it off without damaging the trunk? i could care less about the wing lol.

Any help would greatly be appreciated guys!

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
take a razor blade and slide it around the edges of the wing's base to help loosen the glue, i would do that using a heat gun (get one new at harbor freight for 9 bucks) or use your girlfriends hair dryer lol.

if that doesnt work, crow bar that *****

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
your going to need to get the trunk holes repaired anyway just rip that mother off. Or just get a used deck lid and have it painted?

evanjp

Established Member
fishing line. take the bolts out, work the fishing line between the bases of the spoiler and the trunklid. it will work.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
another for the hair dryer and fishing line. In fact im about to go finish debadging my truck in a few with that method

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I really hope whoever put that on used some sort of adhesive that will be penetrated using the methods discussed here. If not, I'd be looking for a new rear decklid at the junkyard or eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread