Repainting the mystic

Nerevarine

Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm the proud owner of a 1996 mystic and next week i am sending her in to a shop to get repainted. The clear coat,which when i bought the car was starting to fade is now gone on most of the car .I promised her that I would repaint her when I got the money so now i am . With the repaint I am looking to replace the filmed over headlights and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what looks amazing on mystics.

Last edited:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Are you doing a total respray or just a clear? As for the headlights I would try to restore them, you'd be surprised what some sand paper and elbow grease can do. If they are to far gone I would stick with chrome headlights. Chrome and Mystic were made for each other.

Nerevarine

Established Member
Full body repaint is needed, the paint is pretty far gone in multiple spots. I think the guy who owned it before me over buffed it . Chrome is what i was looking at do you have any ones that you would recommend?

Last edited:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Do you already have the paint, if not I believe it is hard to come by and obviously really expensive. As for headlights you really can't beat the fit and finish of factory ford lights. Corner lights are a similar story but I have had good luck with blue oval industries fitment.

Nerevarine

Established Member
Are you doing a total respray or just a clear? As for the headlights I would try to restore them, you'd be surprised what some sand paper and elbow grease can do. If they are to far gone I would stick with chrome headlights. Chrome and Mystic were made for each other.

I will post some pictures of her before she goes in to show a before and after.

Nerevarine

Established Member
I called BASF who provides the paint and they said that it is no longer a restricted paint. They gave me the number of a supplier that had it it ended up running me 197$ per pt and after the sanding and respray it is going to cost me around 5k to get her looking like new.

Users who are viewing this thread