Repo man? Anyone ever work as one?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I've gone and scouted cars in the Ghetto's of Dayton Ohio. My butthole spent more time puckered in those few weeks than any other point in my life.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I would imagine the areas you would work would play a big part in who you deal with. Some good people fall on hard times and get screwed over with a repo, but I would imagine most are not the good citizens who are down on their luck to put it politely. Just speculation based on living in areas where that is true.

nxhappy

Established Member
if I did that job I would most certainly have a shotgun readily available :)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
From what my friend said, if you saw someone towing/breaking in your car. What would you do?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Already checked. I can't carry.

Do you have a concealed carry permit in Nevada? Anyone who meets the basic federal guidelines and state requirements where they live can carry a gun. I could see that getting sticky for a repo man if the debtor actually saw the gun, they shouldn't unless you have to use it to defend your life.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Do you have a concealed carry permit in Nevada? Anyone who meets the basic federal guidelines and state requirements where they live can carry a gun. I could see that getting sticky for a repo man if the debtor actually saw the gun, they shouldn't unless you have to use it to defend your life.

He can't carry because the insurance company won't cover the company if they do. If something happened and they had a gun, insurance company would deny coverage.

dom418

Established Member
Would not do it. There are better jobs with less risk. You will get a gun pointed at you at one point or another, that's a given

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't do it. Had a close family friend in the business. He got shot and killed trying to repo a car in a relatively nice neighborhood back in the early 2000's.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
He can't carry because the insurance company won't cover the company if they do. If something happened and they had a gun, insurance company would deny coverage.

I realize that..Just saying while he may be in violation of company policy, he isn't breaking the law. Quite a few repo men have been shot, stabbed and killed in the Houston area. May not be as dangerous in Vegas? I would rather lose my job over company policy then my life. There is no way I would be a repo man and not carry. Fortunately I have a safe IT gig....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread