Resonator Delete Questions

TorchRed3v

Established Member
Has anyone done a resonator delete on their over axle pipes? I was wondering if having the resonators in there would hurt the exhaust flow too much or whether it would effect the flow at all. I know the sections where the resonators are located are narrowed down and I was looking to delete them if necessary so I can have a better exhaust flow for a N/A and possible a nitrous build. Right now I have Corsa extreme axle backs and ARH Longtubes with ARH's off-road x to go with the headers should arrive this week. I'm not worried about noise so shoot me your thoughts or results that you have had on your setups.

PC03GT

Established Member
I have resonator deletes on factory oap. I believe you get more sound than anything, you might pick up a couple hp:shrug:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
When I had just Roush axle backs and a Magnaflow true x pipe. I did a resonator delete with the lethal OTA pipes. The tone of the exhaust totally changed. It sounded deeper and just overall better. That's really the only axle back or exhaust combo I had a comparison with. Hope this helps a little man.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The main thing you'll gain is sound, but our over axle pipes are fully mandrel bent 2-3/4" diameter with no reduced or crimped spots going over the axle like the factory over axle pipes. There was also some testing done by a member here several years ago with them and I think he picked up somewhere around 5-8 rwhp, so they are worth something, just not much.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...g-gt-2-3-4-t304-s-s-gen2-over-axle-pipes.html

nate714

Established Member
Can't speak for resonator delete alone, I went to 3 inch H pipe and OAP together without resonators. I gained volume and a deeper rumbling tone. Had GT500 AB's before and after the 3 inch pipe swap. Only loss of sound is idle. The cold start is louder but soon as the RPM drop down to low-idle out of gear it's quieter than before, I'm assuming that's from not having enough pressure to justify 3 inch pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread