Restored Shelby Prototypes 'Green Hornet' and 'Little Red' are Headed to Barrett-Jackson

Restored Shelby Prototypes 'Green Hornet' and 'Little Red' are Headed to Barrett-Jackson

Shelby_Prototypes_002.jpg

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 15, 2020 – Once lost, now found and restored to their original glory, a pair of historic experimental Shelby Mustangs – “Green Hornet” and “Little Red” – are being revealed together for the first time, joined by two new Shelby GT500 Mustangs at 9 a.m. MST tomorrow at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction.

The restored 1968 Shelby GT500 prototype known as the Green Hornet and the newly restored 1967 Shelby GT500 prototype known as Little Red will be unveiled by Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO, Barrett-Jackson. Jackson restored both cars, which are the only notchback coupes ever produced wearing the Shelby nameplate.

Restoration of Green Hornet was led by Jason Billups of Billups Classic Cars in Colcord, Oklahoma. During the process, Jackson floated the idea of finding Little Red, which had been lost. After an extensive search spearheaded by Billups, the vehicle was discovered in a rural field in north Texas.

Finally, with Green Hornet and Little Red restored, Jackson set out to celebrate their significance by adding a one-of-one Candy Apple Green and a Rapid Red 2020 Shelby GT500 to his collection. An independent rear suspension, four-wheel disc brakes and electronic fuel injection connect Green Hornet to the 2020 models, while the new supercharger is reminiscent of what’s under the hood of Little Red.https://shelbyprototypecoupes.com.

Shelby_Prototypes_003.jpg
Shelby_Prototypes_004.jpg
Shelby_Prototypes_001.jpg

I saw them this weekend and was also surprised at the amount of flake in the paint. I don’t care for green but if I did that would be the green. In person they look great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread