Results confirmed... :(

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
:fm: I performed a fluid test today on my number 5 and 6 cylinder exhaust ports and sure enough the valves are leaking badly. At one point I got creative and wanted to see how bad it was. So I cut out a piece of plastic bag and made a hole just big enough around the exhaust port, put my mouth to it and blew. Sure enough the damn thing is leaking by really bad. My compression tester showed 60psi earlier last week and that was the problem for other cylindes. Compare the 60psi to 160-180psi on other cylinders. Well it's been a crappy weekend. Dam MLS head gaskets have cut up my hands really bad, but atleast I found my problem. Also put a little nick on the brand new manley pistons from the valves touching. So mad!:cuss: :mj: :fm: Now I have to find out wether I want to bring it to a machine shop out here which I don't believe many, if there are any, have ported or fixxed these type of heads before. Either that or by new ported heads from another company.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
dang man sorry to hear that bad news..

hey i see that you have the jlt intake, how do you like it? seems to be the best for the price.

frdmstnggt

Established Member
Yea, I built my own. I knew that it had a problem but it seems to be worse now. I like my JLT , no problems. I am thinking about Chickenears Stage 3 intake at some point.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'd bet that the valve(s) most likely got bent and aren't sitting down on the seats for you to lose that much compression. Sorry dude, I just got done putting mine back together for the second time this year so I fell ya.

Nicking the piston shouldn't hurt anything really if it isn't bad. You should be able to get the valve rework done by any competent engine shop since a head is a head pretty much. Good luck!

BTW, look up a guy called dirtchicken, he's on nloc, f150 I think. He lives in the islands and may know where you should go.

Last edited:

frdmstnggt

Established Member
I figured as much Bob. I can barely get my fingernail into the nick on the piston. I know Manley makes quality products so I am not that worried. I just don't want a weak spot. I am wondering if I should just by new valves from Ferrera and some H.D. Springs and have the shop port it out, can't imagine how much just fixxing this problem alone is going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread