• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Retired LEOs! Giving up your firearms?

Discussion in 'Donut Shop' started by jshen, Jan 26, 2021.

1. jshen

jshen Well-Known Member Established Member

We're retired- not supposed to be cops anymore- jus none of the Dems have a clue..that former perps have a memory, will get out of jail..Their families hate you for "ruining things". Can you walk in to a Walmart, grocery store and not see "familiar faces". Or worse, have you been encountered!

I do not have kind words to say of opponents to the 2ndA. nor Dems in general. So when the registration order comes in, will your proclaim your firearm with the slight chance they won't come back and take them as you have given them notice you have it. What will you do? I am asking as I don't have an answer. I made it a point years ago, with every firearm I would include a case of ammo. As of the election, I thinned my herd to and through GunsAmerica and saw to it all of what I sold- went from my FFL to their FFL and to good homes (collectors)

Please give me an idea of what my brothers are doing as I don't mind saying, although I thinned my herd.....as a retired LEO, retired DA attorney....I will keep my family safe!

2. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Premium Member Established Member

Not LEO, but nearly 30 years with the military. I don’t see me giving up anything.

jshen likes this.
  3. triple-s

triple-s Well-Known Member Established Member

I don't see why you're giving up your firearms just cause you're not a cop anymore am I missing something here?

4. silver03svt

silver03svt Official Snowflake Melting Machine Established Member

I am eligible for retirement in 3 years, 4 months and 14 days..... they won't be able to take what they don't know I have. Also, look up LEOSA. It protects retired units as well.

me32 and barstowpo like this.
  5. nxhappy

nxhappy Well-Known Member Established Member

never surrender firearms to government. EVER.

6. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

^^^^^
    This! NEVER surrender firearms!!

I just can't imagine a retired officer (or the majority) going day to day without carrying.

7. jshen

I wrote this because of various statements by democrats about govt buybacks, trying to test ex post facto laws, etc. GA state law gives retired LEOs and Prosecutors, etc the right to carry without a permit..(I have one anyway). ..and if you stay qualified- carry interstate. But if you leave without retirement- you are like the rest of the population- at the will of the govt. The feds on the other hand--who the hell knows what they will pass. I think the consensus here is "hell no" and I am in that group.

silver03svt likes this.
  8. jshen

Texas Congresswoman Introduces Universal Licensing, Registration Bill - GunsAmerica Digest
    If you’re wondering what goodies the anti-2A Dems have in store for gun owners this year, look no further than Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee’s “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act.
    In a nutshell, it would require the Attorney General, via the ATF, to “establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States.”

For those interested if you read the bill it is scary!

9. derklug

derklug Seriously? No, never. Premium Member Established Member

I have one 20guage slug gun that I bought for my nephew that has a paper trail. Other than that, I have a big empty 20 gun safe.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  10. jshen

I saw an article on why one should have insurance on their guns...but I would bet once you give the insurance company your serial numbers they forward giving them to the Feds... I have a big safe...and that's all the insurance I need