Retired Ranger Col. Ralph Puckett, 94, to receive Medal of Honor for Korean War battle

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quite a man there. He is so deserving of the Medal. I salute you, Col. Puckett!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Korean War... man thats a conflict that NEEDS more attention drawn to it. We know so much about Nam and WW2, yet so little about such a thankless war.

Its incredible how much of an empty shell US forces were after WW2 ended. Almost got as blasted for sure.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Korean War... man thats a conflict that NEEDS more attention drawn to it. We know so much about Nam and WW2, yet so little about such a thankless war.

Its incredible how much of an empty shell US forces were after WW2 ended. Almost got as blasted for sure.

Which is still on going as there has never been a true peace signed to end it. Just an armistice or cease fire. Americas longest war by far.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My dad went to Korea as an 18 year old in 1951. I still remember his night terrors and sleepwalking reliving what he went through all the way up until he died in 1997. I can't imagine the hell he went through.

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Cold, hungry, wounded, low on ammunition and woefully outnumbered by a combined North Korean and Chinese combined force... I couldnt even imagine.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Col. Puckett instrumental developing elite Ranger equivalent Columbian Force “Lanceros"

Learning the Lancero Way: U.S. Helped Develop Elite Colombian Training

Cliffs:
- Partnerships between the U.S. and Colombian armies were forged during the Korean War.
- Colombia was the only South American nation to support the Korean War, deploying about 20% of its army’s manpower.
- Back then, Colombia was plagued by a brutal civil conflict.
- Colombia asked for help to setup a Ranger School to establish peace and stability.
- The US Army sent Ranger Col. Puckett to Colombia in 1955.
- “During my year in Colombia,” Puckett said, “I was significantly involved in practically every decision concerning the school, [including] establishment of the mission, manning, equipment, location, program of instruction, graduation requirements, supplies, and selection of Lancero name, distinctive badge, slogan … everything.”
- That partnership still thrives today and Colombian leaders widely recognize Puckett’s unique contribution to the Colombian Army.
- The Lanceros have also protected Colombia during skirmishes with Venezuela.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
He still is the guest speaker at almost every Ranger School graduation. He’s a pretty interesting guy. Years ago when I graduated I met him and he gave me a signed copy of his book Words for warriors. The Colombians have a nice monument of him at the Lancero school house and their fuerzas especiales headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Colonel Puckett received the Medal Of Honor last Friday, May 21, 2021:

guy is a G. Still standing at attention at 94. The walker they put in front of him... DENIED. Lol.

I like how Biden and the fine looking service lady helped keep him in place.

Biden - “get the family up here.... INCLUDING THE GRAND KIDS” LOL!

GOD speed, Col.

Users who are viewing this thread