Retrofitting a '13 GT500 carbon fiber driveshaft to an '07-'12 GT500

1fine09

Tob's adapter mod made my car a very different car. It rides much smoother and seems quite a bit more responsive. Any rattle felt or noise heard is now gone with the old two piece. And I have the comfort knowing that I have a lightweight robust drive shaft under my car which can handle gobs of horsepower. I did this in my garage with simple tools in a matter of hours. The puller from O'reilly worked perfectly to remove the old flange thanks to a members suggestion earlier in this post. Tob's adapter is machined to absolute perfection and everything fits as if frpp designed this themselves. I can't say more about the craftsmanship of this piece and the seamless integration it has with my transmission to mate the 13-14 shaft. Thanks again Tob for a great improvement in my car!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Too bad FRPP bailed on this as a potential offering in their catalog. With a Tremec produced flange, a factory Ford CF shaft, and a great price from FRPP dealers, there would have been a lot of happy GT500 owners.

Glad to hear your swap worked well, 1fine09. And props to you for doing it yourself in your garage.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob's adapter mod made my car a very different car. It rides much smoother and seems quite a bit more responsive. Any rattle felt or noise heard is now gone with the old two piece. And I have the comfort knowing that I have a lightweight robust drive shaft under my car which can handle gobs of horsepower. I did this in my garage with simple tools in a matter of hours. The puller from O'reilly worked perfectly to remove the old flange thanks to a members suggestion earlier in this post. Tob's adapter is machined to absolute perfection and everything fits as if frpp designed this themselves. I can't say more about the craftsmanship of this piece and the seamless integration it has with my transmission to mate the 13-14 shaft. Thanks again Tob for a great improvement in my car!

What puller did you ask for?

Rich35hart

J. Richhart
Does anybody know if the adapter can still be purchased. I actually purchased the cf shaft thinking it was a direct fit. Thought I was stuck and now I find this thread. Thanks in advance!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Should there be grease on the output shaft and or Oring before sliding on the adapter?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A light coating if you so choose as most of it will be scraped off and pushed into the transmission.

Don't tell me you are finally installing yours Ron...

will2115

Established Member
Guys sorry for revive this thread. Is anyone still making adaptors to retrofit a 13 DS into my 2007. If so where can I get one and how hard is the installation.
Thank you

Will

Imatk

Established Member
There are two that I know of... TOB's adapter and a flange from a member here called Breoland.

I'm sure Tob will respond here or you can hit up Breoland.

N2Konablue

New to this forum, I have been looking for a way to install the 13/14 GT500 driveshaft in my 2011 GT500, are these flanges still available. I would like to buy the assembled fixed flange if you are still producing them.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
New to this forum, I have been looking for a way to install the 13/14 GT500 driveshaft in my 2011 GT500, are these flanges still available. I would like to buy the assembled fixed flange if you are still producing them.

Sorry, I haven't been on here very much in the last year or so.

I don't have flanges or hardware to make an assembly, but I do have 7 of the adapters on the shelf right now. Best way to get a hold of me these days is email. [email protected]

BamBam650

Established Member
Any more flange adapters out there? Just looking to buy the adapter.

Thanks very much.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Sold several of these in the last few weeks. Only have 3 left on the shelf now. Probably won't run anymore for awhile because of other things going on at the shop. Thanks everyone that has bought one!

BamBam650

Established Member
Tom also had a few left so I bought one from him a couple of weeks ago. I was glad there were still some around. Planning to do my install this weekend.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Shipping the last of the adapters I had on the shelf today. Probably not going to make more until I have 5 or so people interested in them. I have to make bigger quantities or I can't keep the current pricing. Thank you everyone who has bought one, I greatly appreciate the support!

Users who are viewing this thread