Retune after bypass valve change????

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
Hey all, I swapped bypass valves on my cobra and now it appears to be running lean and is really choppy when holding a steady throttle when cruising down the highway. I went from a bypass valve that I picked up through summit plumbed into the discharge piping that came with the Vortech kit to a Tial bypass valve plumbed into 3" aluminum tubing. Is the bypass valve causing the problem or the fact that I changed all the discharge plumbing???? My boost gauge is showing about 23 on the vacuum at idle and it appears to be idling fine. Don't think I have a vacuum leak, but thought I would mention it. Not sure where its at when cruising down the road. Anyway, my car has been down for about 6 months for a trans swap (yes I drug my feet lol). Should I reload my tune to see if it helps???

yfz162

Established Member
So you switched from a recirculating bov to an open one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No, the Tial set-up is recirculating just like the one I replaced. I talked to Mike Post about retuning the car. Hope that helps....

yfz162

Established Member
Ok, so I receive a revised break-in tune from Mike Post and the car continued to run like total crap. I decided to take a quick datalog and discovered zero maf voltage. I pulled my inner fender back and discovered I forgot to plug in my maf connector........lol. The car is running much better now :)

Users who are viewing this thread