• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Return fuel system

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by Fast Ford, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:26 PM.

1. Fast Ford

Fast Ford Member Established Member

Switching to a return fuel system on my 2007. My question is do I remove the factory fuel lines or cap and leave them alone? Also for the 2007 - 2009 crowd that have switched, where have you installed your regulator?

2. sleek98

sleek98 Well-Known Member Established Member

I took my lines out and ran the new lines along the same route so I could use the bolt holes to anchor the new lines.

3. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

There's no reason you can't use the factory lines if you choose to go that route.

4. RBB

RBB Well-Known Member Established Member

I did the same. Regulator mounted to the driver’s side strut tower, but I believe there’s something in the way on a 07-09.

5. c0rn_fed

c0rn_fed Member Established Member

I removed my factory lines and there is stuff in the way next to the master cylinder so I had to fab up a mounting plate and bolted it the the strut tower. 7929db3daea15409beb01fa369b5a4e0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6. Fast Ford

Guy's, thanks for the info and pictures. On the 07 - 09 there's a lot of A/C lines in the left rear corner. Also, I put a line-lock solenoid on the strut tower that takes up real estate. My lines are pre-cut so I guess I'll have to mock it up and see where they go. IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0682.JPG

7. devilish64

devilish64 Member Established Member

If you have the division x fuel system the regulator will be placed in that terribly tight spot on the trust tower right in front of the master cylinder. I remember having to make it fit by unbolting the ac components and remounting them in a way that made a bit more room for the regulator and lines. It is an awful spot for it but the lines were pre made so it went where they designed it to go

8. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Premium Member Established Member

Looks like you have a nice space just outside of the line loc location.
    I removed the stock lines and ran the new ones similarly down the driver side.
    Fuel filter similar location to factory, but mine is a '14, so yours may very.
    Good luck.
    -J

9. VNMOUS1

VNMOUS1 Well-Known Member Established Member

Removed stock. Inline filter in stock location. In at front of driver rail. Crossover at rear. To regulator from front of pax rail. Reg on firewall. Return line along firewall. Screenshot_20181209-125641.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lexustech48 likes this.
  10. Fast Ford

Yes, I have the Division X return system. Do you have any pictures of the regulator installation?